Hi.

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 10:45:50 Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 08:16:40AM +1000, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > Yeah, the bit I consider to be ugly is opening the files from within the
> > kernel, but it seemed to be necessary in order to provide the
functionality
> > without having to rely on userspace or do some sort of messy work to
figure
> > out how to access the lid button and so on.
>
> How are you going to shift into suspend to disk without going via
> userspace? It's quite plausible that people will want different
> configuration at that point (or, realistically, need a different set of
> workarounds...)

This is done after writing the image, from kernel space. We do the
suspend-to-ram, and if/when we wake from that, we look at the lid switch
state before removing the image. If it's still closed, the kernel code powers
down again (this time properly) without userspace ever seeing the light of
day.

Regards,

Nigel
--