From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Processing data is bad!
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:56:07 -0400

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:19:01 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] () wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:56:01 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> >>In relation to Windows or a Mac but you already knew that didn't you.
> >>Typical Linonut semantic games to diffuse the subject.
> >
> >       Know he doesn't "know that". He knows better than that.
> >

> >>Linux gui looks like shit when displaying say Corel Office. Real boxy
> >>looking.
> >>
> >>Sure the themes look good but the applications look like shit.
> >
> >       My Type 1 fonts work well enough. Corel Office is merely
> >       a Win32 app that's been shoehorned onto Linux. It's hardly
> >       a useful comparison.
>
> Yea but it's the only name brand Office suite you guys have to compete
> with MSOffice.
>
> Applix? Most folks have never heard of it.
>
> StarOffice?  Bloat to the extreme....

Spot the irony.

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:57:01 -0400

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:19:01 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] () wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:56:01 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> >>In relation to Windows or a Mac but you already knew that didn't you.
> >>Typical Linonut semantic games to diffuse the subject.
> >
> >       Know he doesn't "know that". He knows better than that.
> >

> >>Linux gui looks like shit when displaying say Corel Office. Real boxy
> >>looking.
> >>
> >>Sure the themes look good but the applications look like shit.
> >
> >       My Type 1 fonts work well enough. Corel Office is merely
> >       a Win32 app that's been shoehorned onto Linux. It's hardly
> >       a useful comparison.
>
> Yea but it's the only name brand Office suite you guys have to compete
> with MSOffice.
>
> Applix? Most folks have never heard of it.

Most people have never heard of Kimber, yet they make the best
pistols in the world.

Hint fucking hint:
Public ignorance does not equate to low quality product.

> StarOffice?  Bloat to the extreme....
>
> >[deletia]

> >       IOW: my view is the only valid view. I am a Lemming and you
> >       will be assimilated.

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 01:01:52 -0400

Nathaniel Jay Lee wrote:

> Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> > Suppose I say that a Porsche looks like crap....
> >
> >         What relevance is such a statement?
> >

> My god, could it be true?  I finally see someone else that thinks
> Porsches look like crap.  Those cars are the ugliest damn money guzzlers

What do you expect from something that is a redesign of a Volkwagen
Beetle?

Ever notice how the little VW Beetle NAZI-MOBILE is the cherished
posession
of so many hippy-dippy liberals?

> I've ever seen, but people worship them too.  Maybe MS and Porsche are
> in on some sort of deal....
>
> Nathaniel Jay Lee
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 01:04:13 -0400

Tim Palmer wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:17:49 -0400, Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Tim Palmer wrote:

> >> The onley data UNIX can proces is text trying to process anything
> >> else would short cuircit the VT100 terminall.
> >

> >You are alleging that programs written for unix can only process bytes
> >in the range of printable ascii characters?
>
> Well they sure ca'nt display graffix on there VT100 terminals can they?
>

> >Tell me, oh, Lord of the Shitheads...
> >
> >After a compiler produces object modules, which are NOT text files...
> >
> >how, pray tell, do the objects and libraries get linked together?
> >

> >According to you, such an operation is impossible on UNIX.
> >

> >Tell me why EVERY major automaker in the world uses UNIX to design
> >vehicles.
>
> Because they all bot their computers in the 1970s and UNIX was cheap.

GM doesn't keep a computer for more than 5 years.

Try again, fucking liar.

> >Since when is CAD text processing, YOU MORON!
>
> Since when could you do CAD on a VT-100?

Precisely my point, you fucking liar.

Clue for the fucking clueless: Pull your head out of your ass!

> >--
> >Aaron R. Kulkis
> >Unix Systems Engineer
> >ICQ # 3056642
> >
> >H:  Knackos...you're a retard.
> >
> >A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.
> >
> >B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.
> >
> >C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
> >   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
> >   that she doesn't like.
> >
> >D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> >E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >   ...despite (D) above.
> >
> >F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
> >   response until their behavior improves.
> >
> >G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 01:05:31 -0400

"Colin R. Day" wrote:

> > >You are alleging that programs written for unix can only process bytes
> > >in the range of printable ascii characters?
> >
> > Well they sure ca'nt display graffix on there VT100 terminals can they?
> >

> And who is stuck with VT100 terminals for desktops? I have no problems
> with my monitor's display of graphics.
>

> > >Tell me why EVERY major automaker in the world uses UNIX to design
> > >vehicles.
> >
> > Because they all bot their computers in the 1970s and UNIX was cheap.
> >

> You mean that 1970's computers running UNIX are still good enough for
> automakers? Wow, UNIX must be great to do that on such hardware.
>

> > >Since when is CAD text processing, YOU MORON!
> >
> > Since when could you do CAD on a VT-100?
> >

> He's speaking about what occurs at the file level, not the display.

Tim Shithead Palmer is trying to say that Unix doesn't do graphics.

Pretty funny, considering how I was doing graphics applications on
Unix machines before MS-DOS was even offered on the market place.

> Colin Day

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: An Example of the Superiority of Windows vs Linux
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 01:10:30 -0400

Charles Philip Chan wrote:

>     > Or alternately: You find it, and it trashes several system DLL's
>     > during the installation
>
> Welcome to DLL hell! Hey, whatever happen to Windows Manifest that is
> suppose to replace the Install Shields that does check for
> dependencies?

Another ILLEGAL vaporware announcement.

[That's right.  IBM already lost Vaporware cases in the 60's,
so precedence has been set.]

>     > and also zeros the first 512 bytes of the Registry, making the
>     > whole system useless (yes, Tim Palmer, even more useless than a
>     > Linux box with a dead console), requiring you to re-install, and
>     > you can only do that if you backed up Windows from the hard
>     > drive, because you don't get a Windows CD because you might
>     > pirate it.
>
> No you can't reinstall in a lot of cases because you don't have a
> *really* copy of Windows. The best you can do is to restore it to its
> originally state with those crappy restore disk that the OEM supply.
>
> Charles

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 01:12:20 -0400

Tim Palmer wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 00:06:04 -0400, Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Hey, GUI's are good for something. After all,
> >> you can have four terminal windows on a
> >> single screen.
> >
> >precisely!
>
> You can do alot more with GUI's than just that.

Of course.  That's why every single automaker in the world
uses the X Windows GUI on UNIX to design cars.

> But that's beeyond a UNIX user.

Considering that Unix has had a GUI since 1983, half a decade before
Microsloth...I think we know a hell of a lot more about GUI's than
you and your uneducated ilk.

> >> Colin Day
> >

> >--
> >Aaron R. Kulkis
> >Unix Systems Engineer
> >ICQ # 3056642
> >
> >H:  Knackos...you're a retard.
> >
> >A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.
> >
> >B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.
> >
> >C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
> >   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
> >   that she doesn't like.
> >
> >D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> >E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >   ...despite (D) above.
> >
> >F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
> >   response until their behavior improves.
> >
> >G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian
Subject: Re: Anti-Human Libertarians Oppose Microsoft Antitrust Action (was: Microsoft
Ruling Too Harsh
Date: 24 Jun 2000 05:43:59 GMT

On 23 Jun 2000 23:42:31 GMT, Henry Blaskowski wrote:

>It is arbitrary because it was chosen for the *sole purpose* of
>harassing MS.  It was chosen to exclude MS's main competitors,
>competitors that nonetheless affect MS's day-to-day business.  So

This is pure nonsense. Market surveys attempting to measure the
"market share" of different operating systems predate the government's
case. The "desktop operating systems" market exists. It's not just
something that was invented to "harrass" MS.

Of course, MS knows that this market exists, they know they have a monopoly
in this market, and evidence presented at the trial makes it pretty clear
that they attempted to leverage that monopoly to make headway into other
markets.

>> Tell me, what is "MS's *competitive market" ?
>
>Linux,

Linux does not compete with Windows 98.

> Mac,

Hahahahaha ...

> Sun,

Sun do not make a product that competes with Windows 98.

> Unix,

Unix does not compete with Windows 98.

> even Java.

Java doesn't compete with Windows 98.

Nothing you've posted demonstrates that Windows 9x is not a monopoly
product. All you've demonstrated is that there are other products
that compete with different Microsoft products. You might as well argue
that Microsoft do not have a monoploy because "Mouse Systems" sell more
mice than them.

> Pertty powerful competition.
>Yet basically ignored for "trial purposes".

Not so much ignored as it is irrelevant to the question of whether or not
Microsoft have a monopoly.

Netscape were another example of a big competitor. They certainly weren't
ignored. The point is that they were leveraging their OS monopoly to knock
out their competitors.

>> The customers have to know that they have alternatives to demand before
>> they start demanding it. I disagree with your view that customers would
>> start demanding something else.
>
>The customers that lead the way -- the ones that lead people to Windows
>in the first place -- is the business customers.  They have evaluated
>all these options, and continue to do so.  If people started seeing
>the alternatives at work, it would follow on their home PCs in no
>time.

Business tends to be conservative. Linux has not spilled over from business
onto the desktop. In fact exactly the opposite has happened. It's the users
that have been pursuading their bosses to use it, not the other way around.

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Marada C. Shradrakaii)
Subject: Re: 10 Linux "features" nobody cares about.
Date: 24 Jun 2000 05:48:40 GMT

>> If they can get to the consoul all they half to do is use a boot disk.

Modern x86 BIOSes allow a choice of boot drive.  One I know allows you to
choose up to four from "IDE[0-3], SCSI, LS120, Floppy, CD"  Set it to IDE0 and
password the setup screen.  You'll also please others, who will notice "It's
booting faster, and not grinding the floppies/CD/whatever"
--
Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii
Colony name not needed in address.