Linux-Advocacy Digest #160, Volume #28            Tue, 1 Aug 00 19:13:05 EDT

Contents:
  Re: AARON KULKIS...USENET SPAMMER, LIAR, AND THUG ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbough,soc.singles
Subject: Re: AARON KULKIS...USENET SPAMMER, LIAR, AND THUG
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 18:26:38 -0400

Harold wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2000 18:47:48 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
> wrote:
>
> >On 1 Aug 2000 17:27:46 GMT, Loren Petrich wrote:

> >>      But those are supposed to be the Good Old Days of Capitalism,
> >>right?
> >
> >This is a straw man, and you are misrepresenting both me and my arguments.
>
> Standard for Loren, I am afraid.
> >
> >Why do you tell outright lies about my political views ? Are you not
> >capable of debating without resorting lies and personal attacks ?
>
> Let me state this plainly, so you understand:
>
> 1. If you disagree with Loren, you are a "right-winger, and evil.
>
> 2. Anything said about you is justified, since you are evil.
>
> 3. Any lie said to you is justified, since you are evil.
>
> 4. Any misrepresentation is fine, since you are evil.
>
> 5. Any derogatory comment is justified, since you are evil.
>
> I hope this helps.  See any of his posts to get examples.

See if the following article doesn't sound PRECISELY like Loren:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_excomm/20000725_xex_fascism_corr.shtml

                  Fascism, corruption and
                  my 'Democratic' Party

                  By Bob Just

                  Ten years ago, Newsweek
                  magazine shocked
                  mainstream America with a
                  cover story headlined
                  "Thought Police," a lengthy
                  report on a new
                  social/political movement
                  developed on college
                  campuses since the 1960s. Ironically, one year
                  after the Berlin wall came down and one year
                  before the fall of the Soviet Empire, Americans
                  were being seriously warned that liberal
                  academia had adopted a hybrid "Marxist"
                  philosophy often called "PC." This new
                  "Politically Correct" creed was being espoused,
                  according to Newsweek, at hundreds of colleges
                  and universities as a result of the growing
                  influence of "a generation of campus radicals."

                       If they no longer talk of taking to the
                       streets, it is because they now are gaining
                       access to the conventional weapons of
                       campus politics: social pressure, academic
                       perks (including tenure) and -- when they
                       have the administration on their side --
                       outright coercion ... where the PC reigns,
                       one defies it at one's peril.
                       (Newsweek, Dec. 24, 1990)

                  After that, PC attitudes were heavily criticized,
                  and even mocked, by mainstream thinkers all
                  around the country, liberal and conservative.
                  And yet, in 1992 America elected into power an
                  administration that in many ways adhered to
                  the PC worldview, thus beginning a process of
                  "change" unforeseen not only by most
                  Americans, but by most Democrats as well. I
                  have known for a long time that there were
                  serious problems in my party, but I didn't fully
                  grasp the political nature of those problems.
                  Sometimes it takes a simple, symbolic moment
                  to cause an epiphany -- to bring clarity. That
                  happened to me this past May.

                  My awakening
                  When I read about people spitting on the Honor
                  Guard at the New York State Democratic
                  Convention May 16, I started to understand
                  what has happened to my party over the last
                  few years. I still can't get over the fact that
                  Democrats attending a formal convention would
                  so insult the American flag, but it happened. As
                  an Honor Guard of Albany police officers
                  entered the convention hall - with band playing
                  and lights shining - they were spit on and called
                  "Nazis" by a number of people on the delegate
                  floor. On top of that, no Democrat nearby
                  stopped the "spitters," or even reported them.
                  And the Democratic leadership expressed no
                  public outrage.

                  I was so outraged at my party's lack of outrage
                  that I started a reward fund to find the "spitters."
                  But I soon realized that I needed to address the
                  larger issue of what I had come to understand. I
                  direct this commentary to the mainstream
                  elected officials of my party - the "adults" as the
                  media often calls them. Whether you are still in
                  office or retired, you can have a profound effect
                  in waking up the party and the public. I see
                  clearly now that the path the party is taking will
                  eventually lead to its destruction and to the
                  destruction of liberty in America. It is practically
                  mathematical. And it won't take very long in
                  years if nothing is done to stop it.

                  I have been a Democrat all my life. I grew up in
                  New York City in a staunchly Democratic
                  middle class family. Although private-school
                  educated (I had financial assistance thanks to
                  Trinity School), my father was a union man, a
                  musician with the Metropolitan Opera. My
                  parents and stepparents were all "Roosevelt
                  Democrats." As a young English teacher in
                  Montclair, New Jersey, during the Richard
                  Nixon Watergate scandal, I drove around with a
                  bumper sticker saying, "Don't Blame Me I Voted
                  for McGovern." I was proud to be on the side of
                  "right" as I saw it. I was proud to stand against
                  corruption and the abuse of power.

                  Now, 25 years later, I am ashamed to be a
                  Democrat. More than that, I have come to fear
                  my own party. Hatred and corruption - the roots
                  of fascism - are on the march in America as they
                  have never been before, and leading this march
                  is the Democratic Party. Increasingly,
                  mainstream Democrats are uncomfortable with
                  what we see in our party. We may not have a
                  real name for it, but we know it is dangerous.

                  The totalitarian choice in Alabama
                  On Sunday, June 18, the headline of the
                  Washington Post read, "Political Dirty Tricks
                  Alleged in Alabama Trial," but the story
                  revealed something far more serious than "dirty
                  tricks." A Democrat lawyer and a private
                  investigator are now being tried for attempting
                  to defeat a Republican candidate in 1998 by
                  bribing a prostitute to accuse the Republican of
                  raping her. The prostitute recanted and turned
                  witness against the two "Democrats."

                  The Republican, Lt. Gov. Steve Windom, was
                  elected when the prostitute confessed, but let's
                  consider what his "political opponents" were
                  willing to do to him. This wasn't political rumor
                  mongering -- which is bad enough. These two
                  men allegedly took direct action to destroy
                  Windom's reputation in the community, shame
                  him before his family, and basically ruin his life.

                  We all know from history that when totalitarian
                  forces, driven by their dysfunctional fury, seek
                  to uproot the political establishment, they will
                  use any means necessary. Bribery and character
                  assassination are easy choices for them, even
                  murder, because civilized limits are
                  meaningless to the Stalins, Hitlers and Maos of
                  the world. Their goal is to grab power, and "The
                  Party" -- whether Communist or Nazi -- is the
                  highest good. Loyalty to the party is everything
                  because the party is the country.

                  These two "Democrats" were apparently willing
                  to destroy everything precious to a Republican
                  man because he stood between their party and
                  political power. It is the totalitarian choice. The
                  question is, how deep does it go into the party
                  and what motivates it?

                  No longer a political party
                  What we are dealing with here has nothing to
                  do with American politics. In fact, I worry that
                  as the Democrats increasingly adopt fascist
                  tactics they will cease being a genuine political
                  party, focused on honest debate and decision by
                  fair ballot. They could become one day
                  something more related to the fascists of 1930s
                  Germany. The SA "brown shirts" were not
                  interested in debate and civil rule; they wanted
                  power in order to force the democratic nation to
                  accept their Nazi agenda. If I am right about the
                  fanatical direction my party is taking, then
                  America has never faced a danger like this, and
                  real Democrats who stand by and watch will be
                  as guilty before history as the actual leaders of
                  this corruption movement.

                  When did the party start making its shift to this
                  strange other form? Some Democrats would say
                  the sexual revolution, abortion and other moral
                  issues were the beginning. However, I am not
                  talking here about party alignment over the
                  social issues, although they have been a major
                  contributing factor. There were many other
                  issues in dispute among Democrats during the
                  waning years of the Cold War, but, whether we
                  agreed or not, all issues were seen as debatable
                  opinions of the party's majority leadership.
                  Reagan Democrats just voted Republican and
                  hoped the liberal Democrats would come to
                  their senses. There was still freedom of thought
                  within the party, and in public debate. But
                  something happened which changed all that.

                  Suddenly, the traditional restraint of civilized
                  limits was gone. Gone was comity. Gone was
                  loyal opposition. It was somewhere in the
                  mid-nineties - perhaps around the time the
                  Republicans seized control of Congress for the
                  first time in 40 years. The panic among
                  Democrats and the panic within the Clinton
                  administration may have been the turning point.
                  Whenever it was that the dam cracked, it had
                  exploded by the end of 1998.

                  The year of living dangerously
                  As mainstream Democrats watched the
                  impeachment trials, we experienced a feeling of
                  vast separation. It was like watching actors on a
                  stage playing the famously recognizable roles
                  from Watergate but saying the wrong lines. We
                  heard that lying under oath and bold-faced
                  lying to the American people didn't "rise to the
                  level of an impeachable offense." Famous
                  phrases from the past appeared twisted beyond
                  recognition as we learned that the president of
                  the United States is not "below the law. ..."

                  Where were the lines we knew so well from our
                  youth? "Have you no shame, sir?" or later,
                  "What did the President know and when did he
                  know it?" Or how about the greater words that
                  inspired a generation of Democrats? Words that
                  put the very wind in our youthful sails: "Ask
                  not what your country can do for you..." or
                  "Judged not by the color of skin but by the
                  content of character. ..." Where were the words
                  of American tradition, duty, honor and country?
                  These were never just Republican words.

                  During the Clinton impeachment trial, we
                  listened to honored senators like Joseph
                  Lieberman of Connecticut and Daniel Patrick
                  Moynihan of New York. They spoke
                  high-sounding words of outrage, but, in the
                  end, actions betrayed words. In the end, even
                  these honorable men defended party over
                  principle. They rationalized, and let the party
                  fall. Everyone knows it. History will show it.
                  They let one man's behavior compromise the
                  integrity of the Democratic Party. In the process,
                  they turned their backs on the traditions of our
                  past symbolized by men like President Harry
                  Truman.

                  We looked for truth during the impeachment
                  and trial process and watched hopefully as the
                  "wise men" of the party in the House and the
                  Senate expressed "concern," then made excuses,
                  and finally voted lock-step to defend party
                  power. Sure they had their reasons. They also, I
                  believe, did not grasp the significance of the
                  vote - a symbolic alignment with the corrupt
                  elements in the party, an act of submission that
                  sent a message across America, from
                  Hollywood to Wall Street and beyond.
                  Anything goes.

                  The F-word fund-raiser and losing our souls
                  About a week after the spitting incident at the
                  New York Democratic Party Convention, there
                  was another incident that shocked me
                  profoundly. I still cannot believe this one
                  actually happened, but it is on videotape. At the
                  MCI Center fund-raiser in Washington, Robin
                  Williams performed before a crowd of corporate
                  and Democrat dignitaries, people who would
                  that very night raise the party over 26 million
                  dollars.

                  The fund-raiser, including Williams's
                  performance, was broadcast live on C-SPAN.
                  However, that didn't stop Robin Williams from
                  doing some kind of seedy nightclub act. He
                  used the F-word and other obscenities several
                  times (C-SPAN later cut this out when the event
                  was rebroadcast). Imagine. A grand room full of
                  powerful Democrats, representatives of
                  America's oldest political party, and the F-word
                  is being said, over and over again with cameras
                  recording!

                  As in the case of the harassment of the Honor
                  Guard at the Albany Democratic Convention,
                  the specific violation was bad enough, but the
                  most egregious violation was the passive,
                  cowardly acceptance of the audience. The
                  hardest thing to believe - for those of us who
                  remember America before 1992 - was that the
                  president, vice president and Mrs. Clinton were
                  at this fund-raiser. Did none of them think to
                  stand up and leave? Didn't anyone in the
                  audience consider booing the smutty language
                  spoken before the assembled dignitaries? No,
                  there was only laughter.

                  Even when Robin Williams noticed a child
                  present and joked about the "new words" he was
                  learning that night - even then - no one objected.
                  Not one Democrat dared step forward and
                  condemn the moment. Peer pressure is a
                  powerful and coercive thing, for adults as well
                  as children - one breaks rank at one's peril. And
                  I'm sure it wouldn't have been good for
                  "business" for the party leadership to create
                  embarrassment at such a high-level
                  Hollywood/corporate function. So everyone
                  laughed.

                  This is not about politics. This is about
                  corruption. Stop and think about it. Somehow
                  Robin Williams knew that no one would object
                  if he used the F-word and the S-word
                  continually - even on national TV! How did he
                  know no one would walk out on him?
                  Apparently, Williams knows something about
                  the Democratic Party that most "little guy"
                  Democrats like me don't know (not to mention
                  the "little guy" Republicans who are still
                  embarrassed by MTV, thank God). He knows
                  the party has become corrupt.

                  Democrat leaders have lost their way. They find
                  themselves at the head of a parade full of
                  people Harry Truman or even Jack Kennedy
                  wouldn't recognize - radicals of various kinds
                  who think that Western civilization began in
                  1969. Strangely, without meaning to,
                  mainstream Democrats find themselves
                  representing this "corruption movement."
                  However, for the "new fascists" in the party,
                  there is nothing so strange about it. Fascists
                  have always sought to leverage corruption for
                  the sake of power.

                  In William Shirer's seminal book, "The Rise and
                  Fall of the Third Reich," listen to his famous
                  description of Hitler: "He who was so
                  monumentally intolerant by his very nature,
                  was strangely tolerant of one human condition -
                  a man's morals. No other party in Germany
                  came near to attracting so many shady
                  characters." Shady characters, I should add, who
                  are useful because they will do "whatever it
                  takes" to win.

                  Carried to its extreme, this corruption
                  movement will destroy us all. It is compulsive
                  in its lust for power. It is an anti-establishment
                  lobby that is vast and very powerful. Right now
                  the specific labels don't matter, and there are too
                  many to name here, from corporate greed to
                  union greed to organized crime to "special
                  interest" causes. It is a long list. However, the
                  core desire of this group, conscious or
                  unconscious, is to tear down everything
                  traditional and decent in this country. Full of
                  personal anger and a desire for radical change at
                  whatever cost, these people wish to
                  "re-imagine" an America they have never
                  understood.

                  The Party uber alles
                  Fueled by anger, the New Fascists have
                  completely adopted the radical '60s notion of
                  the "honest con." In other words, they think that
                  because they are "correct in their beliefs" and
                  because in their minds what they fight is so
                  "evil," just about any act can be committed for
                  the sake of victory - and certainly, lying is no
                  problem. Loyalty to "the cause" is at the heart of
                  this mindset. And for the moment, at least, the
                  heart of their loyalty is President Clinton.

                  Allegiance to the Clintons personally has
                  become a key factor of the current corruptive
                  atmosphere. During the Starr investigation, this
                  allegiance took a particularly extreme form.
                  According to award-winning investigative
                  reporters, Susan Schmidt and Michael
                  Weisskopf, who worked together at the
                  Washington Post, throughout the Starr
                  investigation the Clintons "operated like a crime
                  family, expecting friends and aides to protect
                  them even against their own best interests."

                  And yet, despite this demand of personal
                  loyalty to the leader, blind loyalty to cause and
                  party is the larger problem. "This administration
                  sets their own standards of loyalty. If they don't
                  think you're 'one of them,' they don't want you
                  around," said one Secret Service agent I talked
                  to recently who has served under a number of
                  administrations at the national level, including
                  serving the current one. "It's something you
                  expect from a Nazi Germany - the party over all,
                  the Party 'uber alles.'"

                  "Sometimes party loyalty asks too much," said
                  President Kennedy in a different era, and yet,
                  these days loyalty to a "higher right" than the
                  party is apparently no longer an option among
                  inner circle Democrats. Even the FBI was used
                  by the Clinton administration to double check
                  people's loyalty to the cause, according to
                  25-year FBI veteran Gary Aldrich. Your
                  conscience is not yours to obey - the cause is
                  everything. Thus, traditionally neutral
                  governmental agencies, from Energy to Defense
                  to State to Justice to the IRS, increasingly, seem
                  to be loyal to something other than the
                  American people.

                  Recently, former prosecutor Charles LaBella
                  was interviewed on Fox News' "Hannity and
                  Colmes" about the fundraising scandal of 1996
                  and about LaBella's memo to Reno,
                  recommending an independent counsel. The
                  news had just broken that Robert Conrad, Jr.,
                  LaBella's successor as special prosecutor for the
                  Justice Department, had also recommended to
                  Attorney General Reno that there be an
                  independent counsel. "I know what he's going
                  through," said LaBella, talking about Conrad's
                  politically incorrect decision and the price he
                  would pay for disloyalty. "You're made to feel
                  radioactive, isolated like I was - like you're the
                  enemy and 'we're going to show you what team
                  sports are all about - you play with us or you
                  don't play.'" So much for Conrad's career and so
                  much for making decisions based on "the facts
                  and the law." LaBella paid a price too, famously
                  losing a plum federal job in San Diego.

                  Those who are "disloyal" pay a price, but those
                  who are "loyal" are rewarded. Consider the
                  White House Travel Office scandal that
                  occurred when Clinton took office. In what the
                  Washington Post called a "shabby episode,"
                  Mrs. Clinton had made it clear to White House
                  senior officials that she wanted to replace the
                  White House Travel Office employees (who had
                  served the American people faithfully) with
                  loyalists who would serve the Clintons
                  faithfully. Suddenly, Billy Dale, the head of the
                  travel office, was fired and accused of
                  "improper financial practices." The court cleared
                  him in "record time," according to Dale, but he
                  was nearly ruined. Sound familiar? Shades of
                  Alabama. And in the end, the goal was
                  accomplished: Dale and his staff were out and
                  "loyalists" were in.

                  Democrats can redeem the party from this kind
                  of "party first" fascism. But for that to happen,
                  mainstream Democrats must wake up,
                  including the 80 percent of the media who are
                  Democrats. Instinctively, we all know the
                  dangers of what I am describing. It is simply not
                  an American way of doing things. We must dare
                  to understand and communicate what is really
                  going on in our party, and in our country.

                  Understanding the fascist motive
                  People are essentially innocent and fair-minded.
                  They look for reasons in debate.
                  Power-grasping totalitarians know this, and, no
                  matter what the country, they always supply
                  some plausible response: They seek to
                  "empower the people"; they seek to "reestablish
                  national pride," or to correct "social injustice."
                  Consider the irony that "racial injustice" has
                  long been a popular cause with fascists. For the
                  Nazis it was white power, but for other fascists
                  it could be "black power." It doesn't matter what
                  the reasons are. America's Corruption
                  Movement may be politically empowered by
                  "reasons," but it is not truly motivated by them.
                  It is motivated by something far more basic.

                  On my radio show, I always like to demonstrate
                  a key principle with a current news story. The
                  principles of life are everywhere in the news.
                  One need only look for them. Famous
                  supermodel Naomi Campbell was recently
                  accused of attacking two former employees in
                  separate incidents. The story was covered June
                  23rd on ABC's "20/20." Ms. Campbell confessed
                  that her violent temper is rooted in her
                  childhood.

                  In one of the attacks, Campbell's irrational,
                  out-of-control temper led her to assault her
                  former assistant Georgina Galanis with a blunt
                  instrument. She pleaded guilty, but more than
                  that, she was brave enough to reveal to the
                  public exactly where her rage came from.

                  "There are a lot of issues that I have from
                  childhood," Campbell told Barbara Walters.
                  "For instance, not knowing your father, not
                  seeing your mother. It manifests a lot of
                  feelings. One of those feelings is anger." She
                  went on to talk about her insecurity, lack of
                  self-esteem and loneliness. Naomi Campbell is
                  not the only person whose father abandoned her
                  before she was born, and whose mother was a
                  distant presence in her life. Our neighborhoods
                  around the country, both minority and white,
                  are increasingly full of such children. The June
                  issue of the journal "Pediatrics" declares that
                  nearly three times as many U.S. children have
                  "emotional and behavioral" problems as did 20
                  years ago.

                  Rage is everywhere in our adult society too. Just
                  listen to the words of "Gangsta" rap music, or
                  the words spoken at some of the radical rallies
                  in Washington, D.C. Rage is the raw material of
                  the New Fascists. They know how to focus it -
                  and give it a cause - and how to direct it at their
                  enemies. This process has now become so
                  obvious that it's time we face up to it, and
                  identify it in our national political dialogue. In
                  fact, facing up to it is the only way we can save
                  ourselves, and save this "grand experiment" in
                  political and religious freedom we call America.

                  Confronting the gathering political storm
                  Increasingly, personal anger has a political face
                  in America. Millions of dysfunctional people
                  can create a very difficult situation in a free
                  society. They have a right to be wrong, but their
                  "wrong" can undermine our rights. They are
                  also our brothers and sisters.

                  Solving the problem, of course, begins with
                  seeing the problem. We know from incidents of
                  "road rage" or "workplace shootings" that angry,
                  hate-filled people are dangerous. They are also
                  hard to reason with; try reasoning with someone
                  who's attempting to run you off the road
                  because you forgot to signal. We are talking
                  here about "political road rage"; it's a slower
                  burn, but the intent is the same -- running you off
                  the road.

                  As we observe the political scene, the politics of
                  rage will become more and more obvious. Make
                  your own list of radicals and you'll see that rage
                  has many faces and many "reasons" to demand
                  justice. Watch those angry faces on talk
                  television. See how difficult it is for others to
                  reason with them and how rarely they accept
                  anyone else's point of view. Here's the secret:
                  For these political road ragers - in whatever
                  category of public or private life - it is no longer
                  about debate or logic. In that sense, we have
                  reached the end of debate, which is a civilized
                  method of dialogue involving two groups
                  seeking the truth. Fascists, as we know from
                  history, don't debate free thinkers. They choke
                  them out of existence.

                  Make no mistake: We are headed for what
                  President George Bush called "the silly season"
                  back in 1992. Of course, "silly" doesn't describe
                  it anymore than "tricks" are what the two
                  "Democrats" were up to in Alabama. The
                  election period will get more and more
                  emotionalized as we get close to the vote - by
                  whatever means necessary, from the race card,
                  to Christian bashing, to class warfare, to
                  corporation bashing, to fear-mongering of all
                  kinds. What Ronald Reagan called the "Iron
                  Triangle" will be in full gear: The angry special
                  interest groups will be out in force
                  demonstrating and calling press conferences;
                  the liberal media will cooperate with cameras
                  rolling; and hysterical Democrat politicians will
                  make outrageous statements like, "They're
                  coming for our children." All this, focused on
                  emotionalizing the atmosphere of the
                  presidential debates where Al Gore will do his
                  best to "rip the lungs out" of George W. Bush. It
                  is serious business, provoking anger and
                  fomenting hate - all with a purpose of getting
                  millions of Americans to fear Republicans, or
                  any other opposing party. Then, in this kind of
                  heated atmosphere, people will vote.

                  The technique of "legislation by hysteria" -
                  emotionalizing debate in Congress and rushing
                  a decision - now becomes "election by hysteria."
                  Fascists do not operate in a calm, considered
                  environment. Inflammatory language is an
                  essential tool in their kit. Already we are seeing
                  race-baiting Democrats calling on Americans to
                  "Stop the Lynching" because of the tragic
                  hanging death of a local black teenager in
                  Mississippi, which authorities so far have
                  indicated is a likely suicide and which, in any
                  event, is an isolated incident. Remember the
                  black church burning scare in the '96 election
                  cycle? That turned out to be a sham, but it made
                  headlines, created anger, caused fear and it
                  galvanized voters. That tactic is applied
                  aggressively to every issue in every political
                  arena, local, state or national. If you haven't
                  recognized it before, it will now be transparent.

                  Holding on to truth
                  The key to successfully confronting the New
                  Fascist movement is, first, to see it for what it is.
                  Fascism inspires an emotionalized, cultic
                  allegiance, and many of these people can't see
                  what they are trapped in. If we rage back at
                  them, it pushes them deeper into this alien
                  loyalty. So the second key is to be forceful but
                  remain calm - to understand that they need our
                  help. I don't mean a weak, simpering, "can't we
                  all get along" kind of help, but a focused,
                  forceful desire to draw the line for their own
                  sake as well as ours. They need us to resist them
                  with strength, but they don't need our rage. They
                  got that as children.

                  The principle here is something Mahatma
                  Gandhi, the great liberator of India, called "force
                  of righteousness," "love force," or "soul force."
                  Gandhi was a great admirer of Judeo-Christian
                  thinking and Americans will recognize the
                  wisdom. He coined a new Indian word for it,
                  Satyagraha. The root meaning is "holding on to
                  truth," and "not hating back" is one of the keys
                  to this truth.

                  Of course, fascists reject the idea of a truth
                  higher than the party, and hate is their driving
                  impulse. This puts them at odds with America's
                  "under God" religious heritage, and as a result,
                  America has suffered a great deal of pain and
                  confusion in recent decades. The fascist
                  corruption movement (which puts power,
                  material wealth, personal pleasure and
                  everything else above what's right) has all but
                  destroyed the social fabric of our society, much
                  to the horror of most Americans. In this respect,
                  mainstream Americans also deal with an anger
                  problem. Nevertheless, the hope for America's
                  future lies in love. It may sound corny, but in
                  the end, it is the only way to avoid civil conflict.
                  Permissive weakness will drive these "children"
                  crazy, but so will judgmental anger.

                  When the leaders of the corruption movement
                  understand that "the game is up" - that we see
                  them for what they are without hate - they may
                  hate and fear us all the more. At that point, they
                  must get the kind of love that good parents
                  deliver: Tough love. Consider a mother who
                  warns her son that he is getting too close to the
                  street, but the child gets closer. Does the mother
                  stop the child with a gentle voice? Of course
                  not. An aggressive shout is what's needed to
                  frighten the boy away from danger. Now let's
                  take it a step further. Despite the mother's shout,
                  the boy rebelliously runs toward the street
                  where there are cars coming. At that moment,
                  for the sake of the child, the mother rushes to
                  use force and yanks the child out of danger.

                  We must be as determined in our love for these
                  "unloved children" as they are absolutely
                  determined to get revenge on the
                  "establishment" they associate with the parents
                  who abandoned them in one way or another. I
                  confess I am talking about myself since in my
                  angry youth I was once on their side.

                  Most of us are reachable. Former radical leftist
                  David Horowitz is a classic example. Or
                  consider Jane Fonda's recent desire to turn her
                  life around, which has been reported in these
                  pages, and which Fonda now talks about with
                  Oprah Winfrey in the current issue of "O"
                  magazine. Fonda's mother committed suicide
                  when she was 12. That kind of shock is
                  inconceivable to most of us. What a lonely,
                  painful journey it must have been for that little
                  girl, especially since her father Henry Fonda
                  was aloof and incapable of giving her the love
                  she needed. Many of us remember her angry
                  youth in the 1970s. Now, we are coming to
                  understand it. Courageously facing the mistakes
                  of her past, Jane Fonda looks to the future with a
                  renewed determination to change. I believe
                  there are people like this in every political and
                  social sphere within my party. People who are
                  looking to do what is right - people who can
                  change their angry ways.

                  Coming home to America
                  When it comes to a dysfunctional, angry
                  childhood, Jane Fonda has lots of company.
                  Think of how many of other famous liberal
                  Democrats have already admitted serious
                  parental problems from sexual abuse to
                  alcoholism to abandonment, either physical or
                  emotional. It is a remarkably talented group of
                  people, from Barbara Streisand to Rosie
                  O'Donnell to Bill Clinton to Gloria Steinem. If
                  we truly knew the length and breadth of this list
                  of cultural and political leaders, and the details
                  of their personal suffering, we would all be
                  shocked - and touched. Don't be distracted by
                  their political labels. When they were children,
                  these people deserved love, and they didn't get
                  it. Can we blame them for being angry?

                  I know how they feel. My parents were divorced
                  when I was five. I spent some lonely years in
                  boarding school until I was 9 years old. You bet
                  I was afraid - and angry. The world is supposed
                  to be a safe place for 5-year-olds, not a hostile
                  environment. My suffering was small compared
                  to the list above, but I can tell you that by the
                  time I reached college age my anger manifested,
                  and not only politically. I was rebellious in my
                  moral behavior too. The "sex, drugs, and rock 'n'
                  roll" socialist creed of the 1960s and '70s didn't
                  just affect the Clintons and a few other famous
                  people. There were millions of us.

                  Some of us functionally recovered from our
                  anger, but some didn't - and there are many
                  angry children coming up in the generations
                  behind the "baby boomers," younger people
                  who don't remember the America we remember.
                  They need to believe in something and we need
                  to give them something genuinely good -
                  because the New Fascists have a dream to sell,
                  too. And it isn't the American dream.

                  How Democrats can reclaim the party
                  The following is especially important for the
                  mainstream Democratic leadership to read. The
                  corruption movement with its fascist tendencies
                  is not yet a determined majority in America.
                  However, its strength is threefold: Its adherents
                  have access to great combined wealth; they have
                  huge influence on our culture; and most
                  importantly, they have not yet been clearly
                  identified in the minds of average Americans.
                  Most Americans still think the Democratic Party
                  is "liberal," even "liberal to moderate." They
                  may distrust the president and the rest of the PC
                  crowd, but they don't see the larger problem.

                  Let me be clear. This is not about President
                  Clinton. The current corruption goes way
                  beyond him. It started before him and it will
                  undoubtedly survive him. Consider that
                  Newsweek's "Thought Police" issue was
                  published in December 1990, two years before
                  Clinton's presidency. Even then, Newsweek
                  raised the specter of what it called "New
                  McCarthyism," describing the "politically
                  correct" movement among liberal-leftists as
                  essentially "Marxist" and "totalitarian," an
                  extremist belief system determined to root out
                  and destroy all those in the mainstream who
                  oppose it.

                  If you are wondering how this belief system has
                  affected liberalism in the last decade, just read
                  the words of long-time, liberal Democrat
                  commentator Mark Shields writing in the
                  Washington Post last month: "Today to be a
                  liberal there is one test," said a frustrated
                  Shields. "Unqualified support for all legal
                  abortions ideally joined by an almost libertarian
                  commitment to no societal limits on individual
                  behavior or autonomy."

                  Although increasingly dominant in our culture,
                  this PC ethic is still only one element of the New
                  Fascism, and Bill Clinton's personal anger and
                  radical Sixties "no-limits" attitude is only the
                  most current catalyst to the dark impulse that
                  has risen before in human history. Remember,
                  Clinton is a victim too - and has the potential to
                  recover.

                  Once Democrats like Shields start to recognize
                  in large numbers what has happened to our
                  party, the fascist power base will be greatly
                  weakened - mainstream Democrats will all back
                  away from it. Catholic Democrats will certainly
                  run the other way. So will most teachers. I'm
                  sure church-going African Americans and
                  Latinos won't stand for it - and neither will
                  patriotic union workers. If that is a dream, it is a
                  good dream. And like the one of Dr. King's, it is
                  up to us to make the dream a reality.

                  Conclusion: Our awakening
                  Many middle-aged and older Americans will
                  remember the famous World War II movie,
                  "Bridge on the River Kwai," in which Japanese
                  prisoner Col. Nickolson, a British officer played
                  by Alec Guinness, is forced to lead his fellow
                  prisoners in building a bridge for the Japanese.
                  Under great hardship and to rally his men's
                  morale, Col. Nickolson sets out to prove the
                  superiority of British freedom over Japanese
                  tyranny by building a great bridge. Under his
                  leadership, the prisoners succeed marvelously.
                  They demonstrate to the Japanese what
                  inner-inspired free men can do. It's a
                  magnificent bridge. But there's a tragedy
                  coming in the story: Due to the pride he takes in
                  the impressive bridge, built to last long after the
                  war, Col. Nickolson ends up on the wrong side
                  when British commandos come to destroy the
                  bridge. For a moment he resists his own
                  countrymen, warning the Japanese.

                  After several of the commandos die in the
                  struggle to blow up the bridge, Col. Nickolson
                  realizes to his horror that his passionate
                  dedication to "the cause" has led him to forget
                  his first loyalty - his country. Severely
                  wounded, and with his last bit of energy, he
                  blows up the bridge himself.

                  It is time to detonate the lie the Democratic
                  Party is becoming. It's time to call on the people
                  who are the keepers of the flame in the party -
                  President Carter, Sen. Byrd, Sen. Moynihan, Sen.
                  Leiberman, Sen. Nunn and all the rest of you
                  who remember the true Democratic Party: We
                  need you and we need you now.

                  Stop this totalitarian "party first" madness! Stop
                  the moral decline, and help us return to the
                  values and traditions of our parents and those
                  of our once-great party. If you cannot change the
                  party, if the levers of power are totally
                  controlled by the New Fascists among us, from
                  Hollywood to Washington to Wall Street, then
                  please tell us. Talk to the people. Sound the
                  alarm so that America will know the danger it
                  truly faces. Yes, it will temporarily diminish the
                  Democratic Party, but like a beautiful garden,
                  once weeded and pruned, it will come back
                  stronger than ever as the patriotic party of "the
                  little guy."

                  When Newsweek reporters told Americans
                  about the growing totalitarian ethic on our
                  college campuses at the end of the Cold War,
                  they revealed a core ingredient of the New
                  Fascism, something impossible for most
                  Americans to even imagine:

                       The failure of Marxist systems throughout
                       the world has not noticeably dimmed the
                       allure of left-wing politics for American
                       academics. Even today, says David
                       Littlejohn of Berkeley's Graduate School of
                       Literature, "an overwhelming proportion
                       of our courses are taught by people who
                       really hate the system."
                       (Newsweek, Dec. 24, 1990)

                  "Hate the system. ..." What if such people got
                  complete control of one of our two major
                  parties? I say they are very close to doing it. But
                  more, let's say they succeed. What if these New
                  Fascists go on to corrupt our military, our
                  police, our courts, and even our Congress and
                  our governmental agencies with this same
                  anti-American ethic? If that happens, then by
                  any analysis we will no longer have a "culture
                  war" in America, but rather a "cold civil war,"
                  ready to heat up the moment government
                  establishes laws that tyrannize the American
                  conscience.

                  Right now we have two parties that are
                  becoming like two different countries - which
                  are increasingly acting like enemies. God forbid
                  it, and please make us again one nation, a
                  shining city on a hill for all the world to see,
                  where love can reign and truth prevail, and
                  where freedom can be enjoyed by all.

                  Bob Just is a nationally syndicated talk show host and
                  vice president of Talk Radio Network.

                  © 2000 Bob Just

> [deleted]
>
> Regards, Harold
> -----
> "Why should we believe that you [AlGore] will tell the truth if
> you are president when you don't when you are a candidate?"
>      -----Bill Bradley

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.