From: "John Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Migration --> NT costing please :-)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:52:47 +0100

Aaron R. Kulkis wrote in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
>Drestin Black wrote:
>>
>> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> obtained a
NT
>> was
>> was a
>> well
>> was
If
>> you
>> have
Terminal
>> the
>> considering
>> 1960s),
>> UNIX

>> you
>> it
>> would
>> >
>> > Fuck off, liar.
>>
>> OUCH - the truth hurts!!! Thanks for proving THAT too.
>
>I'm just sick of you and all of your fucking lies.
>
>No wonder you absolutely fucking REFUSE to reveal your name.

His real name is gormless fuck-wit - would you own up to a name like that ?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:54:02 GMT

I'd say with 800 or so lines quoted between to replies in this thread,
and 2 lines of reply, it is YOU who are at somewhat of a disadvantage
here.

claire

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:51:38 +0100, "John Hill"

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re:  Gutless Wonder
Date: 12 Oct 2000 00:56:34 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy David T. Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "." wrote:

>> > Your words are as empty as your tag.  Coward.
>>
>> "tag"?
>>
>> Ahem.  Come get me, bitch.
>>
> Where are you, coward?

You're still crossposting, dipshit.

=====.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: Linux Out perfoms Windows
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:07:25 GMT

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:10:41 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> What happens if you redirect to a printer?
>>
>> claire
>
>LOL!
>
>Time to wheel out the 3000rpm drum printer to proove linux is faster.

Nah.  Time to wheel out the windoze printer struggling w/ a ghz processor
because although the designer thought to use the CPU to save costs, said
designer failed to realize that windoze can't walk and chew gum at the same
time.

------------------------------

From: "Ermine Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why is MS copying Sun???
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:05:29 -0700
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.arch,alt.conspiracy.area51,comp.os.netware.misc,comp.protocols.tcp-ip,comp.lang.java.advocacy

Don't forget the autologging capability.   Plus there are some differences
between the NT and 9x versions - especially in terms of the size of files
that can be opened.   (for those who have forgotten - place a ".log" line at
the top of a text file, everytime that the file is opened after that, a
date/timestamp is appended to the bottom of the file).

--ET--

news:vSPE5.133$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:13:25 -0400
From: Dolly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The Power of the Future!

Mike Byrns wrote:

> Dolly wrote:
>
> > Mike Byrns wrote:

> > > You fabricate more than anyone I've ever seen.  Never did I claim to be
> > > employed by Intel.  I have no idea where you got from.
> >
> > I said did work for intel... from your statement.
> >
> > Perhaps you sould check what you wrote...
> >
> > http://x75.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=679006626&CONTEXT=971296710.751763482&hitnum=20
> >
> > "but I, after having been a Intel and Microsoft systems
> > engineer and programmer for over a decade have no
> > recollection of AMD EVER making chips for Intel."
>
> > Any questions? You wrote that. I didnt fabricate
> > anything.
>
> God, I hope your reading comprehension is really better than that.  Ever heard of
> CONTEXT?  Consider it this way -- I engineered and programmed Microsoft and Intel
> systems.  Not for Microsoft or Intel -- for their systems.  Did anyone else
> misunderstand that?  I think this mirrors the problem you're having understanding
> that Intel hasn't ever sold Intel branded CPUs fabbed by AMD.

AH!!! Got it! You decided to make an irrelevant statement
in the hopes that people would believe that it gave you
some inside information to how Intel manu'd their chips!

Programming for an Intel based SYSTEM then is irrelevant
to the discussion... so now you are upset that your
statement was INTERPRETTED the way you wanted in your
attempt to give your other assertation more credance.

> > > That claim of YOURS IS false.
>
> On the contrary, I have programmed and engineered Microsoft and Intel BASED systems
> since the late 80's.

Which is then irrelevant.

> > > Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Not only do you fabricate but you're a condescending
> > > little prick too.
> >
> > Ah, I am correct, so I am a little prick... Sorry,
> > girls dont have one.
>
> Thus the definition of condescending.  And sorry about the name-calling.  I was so
> taken with your assertation that I am or was an Intel employee that I just lost it
> :-)

Not a problem.

> > > Anything to get out of posting real proof.  Add weasel to that list.
> >
> > Posted proof. Posted corroboration. From the
> > co-founder of Intel himself.
>
> Define "sourced".  Does not mean that Intel ever sold AMD fabbed chips under the
> Intel name.

Sourced means "jobbed out"

Looks like I am going to have to post the pics
after all... heck, I'll even rip out a chip and
send it to you if you want.

> > > Look, you've not produced a shred of evidence that shows that AMD
> > > manufactured parts were sold under the Intel namplate.  That article
> > > simply restates what everyone already knew -- Intel licensed the 8086
> > > and 286 masks to AMD and AMD made chips that they sold under the AMD
> > > nameplate.  This was was done as Rex said so that GSA contracts could be
> > > honored -- you have to have competitive products purchased from
> > > different comanpanies on the schedule.
> >
> > No - it states that when Intel couldnt keep up
> > with demand, they licensed the masks and had
> > the other companies do the work.
>
> And the other companies sold their work under their own names.

Not always.

> > Re read the article.
>
> Show me where it says that Intel ever sold AMD fabbed chips under the Intel
> nameplate.

Gladly... give me a day or two. If a scan isnt
sufficient proof, I will gladly send you the whole
board it is on... keep in mind, I originally
said chips... I am not sure if I have any CPU's
that old... but lotsa boards with AMD manu'd Intel
chips.

Dolly

------------------------------

From: Marty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: David T. Johnson lies again
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:13:20 GMT

"David T. Johnson" wrote:

> Jason Bowen wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > David T. Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >I have never harassed and denigrated OS/2 developers.  Please delete
> > >this post or face the consequences.
> >
> > Brad Wardell is an OS/2 developer.  Marty Amodeo is an OS/2 developer.
>
> Assuming for argument sake that they are active OS/2 developers,

No need to assume in one case.

> I have not harassed and denigrated them.

ha·rass (hrs, h-rs)
 v. tr. ha·rassed, ha·rass·ing, ha·rass·es.

      1.To irritate or torment persistently.
      2.To wear out; exhaust.
      3.To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.

den·i·grate (dn-grt)
 v. tr. den·i·grat·ed, den·i·grat·ing, den·i·grates.

      1.To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame.
      2.To disparage; belittle: The critics have denigrated our efforts.

DTJ] I have only called you a 'liar' and a 'hypocrite.'

Denigrate: 1

DTJ] perhaps you need to reevaluate your surroundings since you fail to
     impress me as being extraordinarily bright, yourself.

Denigrate: 1,2
Harass:    1,3

DTJ] H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.

Denigrate: 1

DTJ] I doubt that your typical comments can be "dumbed" down any further.

Denigrate: 1,2
Harass:    1,3

DTJ] As for the substance of your comment, it appears to be as garbled
     and confused as Marty's.

Denigrate: 1,2
Harass:    1,3

DTJ] I am starting to feel like I am being flamed by a gaggle of
     fifth-graders.

Denigrate: 1,2

DTJ] I was pointing to Marty's mental confusion.

Denigrate: 1,2
Harass:    1,3

DTJ] The entire thrust of your posts over the last week seems to be
     personal attacks.  I am losing respect for you.

Denigrate: 1,2

From: Steve Mading <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux Sucks
Date: 12 Oct 2000 01:12:47 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: I'm an old CDE person so I know all about title bars :)

: CDE (under aix) never had a Winamp clone.

CDE predates MP3's, so of course it didn't have such a clone.
This has nothing to do with whether or not it was trying to
"copy" MS as compared with Gnome and KDE.

: A dial-up networking clone like Gnome/kde does.
: And so forth.

Oh, puh-lease.  PPP is not a Microsoft invention, nor is the
idea that maybe you could put a GUI configuration tool in
place to set it up.  Next you'll be crediting MS with
the creation of the ergonomic split keyboard, based on the
fact that they happen to have one on the market.

Are you going to give MS exclusive credit for every single
technology that they happen to have an instance of, regardless
of whether others had the idea too?  Seems so.  Might as
well give them credit for inventing the web browser.

------------------------------

From: Michael Marion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Blatant anti-MS trolling...
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:20:18 GMT

MH wrote:

> Dump freaking hotmail already. It's the aol of free mail. Don't you get it?
> But hey, you think hotmail is bad, try www.linuxmail.com
> you'll be up and running just fine and then at least once a week you'll be
> unable to get on for hours at a time. EVERY WEEK.
>
> Wonder what server they're running???

IIS actually...
mmarion @ miguelito 974 [~]% t www.linuxmail.com 80
Trying 209.19.76.161...
Connected to www.linuxmail.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
get / http/1.0

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Set-Cookie: WEBTRENDS_ID=129.46.201.119-2948412272.29373418; expires=Fri,
31-Dec-2010 00:00:00 GMT; path=/
Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:21:03 GMT

The domain is owned by some anonymous "The Linux Group" in NJ and there are no
individual's names in the whois record.  Seems dubious to me.

--
Mike Marion - Unix SysAdmin/Engineer, Qualcomm Inc. - http://www.miguelito.org
Your mouse has moved. Please wait while Windows reboots so the change can

------------------------------

From: "David T. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:33:46 -0400

Marty wrote:

> "David T. Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > Jason Bowen wrote:

> > > Brad Wardell is an OS/2 developer.  Marty Amodeo is an OS/2 developer.
> >
> > Assuming for argument sake that they are active OS/2 developers,
>
> No need to assume in one case.
>
> > I have not harassed and denigrated them.
>
> ha·rass (hrs, h-rs)
>  v. tr. ha·rassed, ha·rass·ing, ha·rass·es.
>
>       1.To irritate or torment persistently.
>       2.To wear out; exhaust.
>       3.To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.

You initiated a series of "flame" posts, Marty, with attacks on me that
have continued to escalate.  Are you now claiming that I am harassing
you, Marty?

[Remaining post untrimmed to accomodate your needs]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: Linux 2.4 mired in delays as Compaq warns of lack of momentum
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:43:43 GMT

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:04:48 GMT, Chad Myers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Actually, you might be suprised. NT 4.0 definately wouldn't have because
>most of the "newer" DOS games used DOS4GW which, for obvious reasons,
>wouldn't work in NT.

Hmm...I think you are mistaken.  I have an old C compiler (for TI
DSP chips) that uses DOS4GW.  It runs in NT4 and Linux DOSEMU.  I
believe it will work in OS/2 as well.

In NT, you do have to be careful how you launch it.  Using the "make"
from DJGPP causes the compiler to exit without doing anything.  It
seems that GO32 and DOS4GW don't get along under NT4, although they
work fine together under DOSEMU.  Go figure.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: Why should anyone prefer Linux to Win2k on the DeskTop
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:43:48 GMT

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:54:43 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

[re: Solaris]

>All we could do was laugh when we saw how much it costs if you have
>more than 8 processors.
>
>9-16        $12,500
>17-32       $60,000
>33-64       $150,000
>65-128      $360,000

How much does this hardware cost?  A 128-cpu Sparc is going to run a
few bucks.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

------------------------------

From: Steve Mading <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hotmail been down most of the day
Date: 12 Oct 2000 01:41:37 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: That is exactly whom I am addressing.

Then it would be only honest and polite to phrase it that way,
instead of making a sweeping generalization that amounts to
slander.

------------------------------

From: Steve Mading <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: You Linux folks Just Don't Get It....
Date: 12 Oct 2000 01:46:07 GMT

[Post re-ordered to be human readable again.  Humans
don't read things in middle-endian order very well.]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

: On 10 Oct 2000 23:03:15 GMT, Steve Mading
: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>
:>In all fairness, all we really know is that it first started
:>posting here under the name "Steve".  We don't even know if
:>that's the real name or if that was also a pseudonym.  For
:>all we know, it might really be Claire, and it started out
:>with the false name "Steve".  All we really know is that it's
:>the same person, not what this person's real name is.
:>
:>(And to clarify, I'm not the Steve that Bob was talking about).

: Thank you.

For what?  I still think the practice of deliberately confusing
pseudonyms just to troll with anonymity is vain and rude.  I
was merely pointing out that we have no idea which pseudonym
is the 'real' you, assuming that any of them are at all.

------------------------------

From: Marty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:48:41 GMT

"David T. Johnson" wrote:

> > > Assuming for argument sake that they are active OS/2 developers,
> >
> > No need to assume in one case.
> >
> > > I have not harassed and denigrated them.
> >
> > ha·rass (hrs, h-rs)
> >  v. tr. ha·rassed, ha·rass·ing, ha·rass·es.
> >
> >       1.To irritate or torment persistently.
> >       2.To wear out; exhaust.
> >       3.To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.
>
> You initiated a series of "flame" posts, Marty, with attacks on me that
> have continued to escalate.  Are you now claiming that I am harassing
> you, Marty?

Here's what I'm claiming, since you missed it the first time:

DTJ] I have never harassed and denigrated OS/2 developers.

This statement is a lie.

And here's the proof:

> > den·i·grate (dn-grt)
> >  v. tr. den·i·grat·ed, den·i·grat·ing, den·i·grates.
> >
> >       1.To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame.
> >       2.To disparage; belittle: The critics have denigrated our efforts.
> >
> > DTJ] I have only called you a 'liar' and a 'hypocrite.'
> >
> > Denigrate: 1
> >
> > DTJ] perhaps you need to reevaluate your surroundings since you fail to
> >      impress me as being extraordinarily bright, yourself.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1,2
> > Harass:    1,3
> >
> > DTJ] H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1
> >
> > DTJ] I doubt that your typical comments can be "dumbed" down any further.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1,2
> > Harass:    1,3
> >
> > DTJ] As for the substance of your comment, it appears to be as garbled
> >      and confused as Marty's.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1,2
> > Harass:    1,3
> >
> > DTJ] I am starting to feel like I am being flamed by a gaggle of
> >      fifth-graders.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1,2
> >
> > DTJ] I was pointing to Marty's mental confusion.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1,2
> > Harass:    1,3
> >
> > DTJ] The entire thrust of your posts over the last week seems to be
> >      personal attacks.  I am losing respect for you.
> >
> > Denigrate: 1,2

Clear?

> [Remaining post untrimmed to accomodate your needs]

You might try reading it next time, to "accomodate" [sic] yours.

------------------------------

From: Michael Marion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: To all you WinTrolls
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 02:03:25 GMT

"Steven W. Mentzer" wrote:

> >Same hardware config used on same box under linux: Rock solid.
> >

> This is a badly written system-level driver. The OS isn't at fault in this
> case.
>
> Now, if the glue chip drivers (BX,i820,i840) system drivers that ship with
> Win2k were at fault, then I can see a real problem with the OS.
>
> But the fact that hauppage doesn't know how to develop a Win2k driver doesn't
> make Win2k bad.

If the Hauppage driver were at fault then perhaps you can explain this:
I uninstalled the software, then the drivers.  I then ran Hauppage's hcwclear
program to make sure it cleared off every hauppage file.  Then I shutdown,
removed the card, installed the Pinnacle card again.. and got the same BS
again.  No hauppage drivers could've caused it because they were gone.

--
Mike Marion - Unix SysAdmin/Engineer, Qualcomm Inc. - http://www.miguelito.org
[Some of Roy's sure-fire personal ads]: