Linux-Advocacy Digest #564, Volume #31           Fri, 19 Jan 01 00:13:03 EST

Contents:
  Re: Dell system with Linux costs *more* than with Win2K ("kiwiunixman")
  Re: Linux is crude and inconsistant (Charlie Ebert)
  Re: New Microsoft Ad :-) (Chris Ahlstrom)
  Re: Linux is INFERIOR to Windows (Charlie Ebert)
  Re: Win2k vs Linux? Why downgrade to Linux? ("kiwiunixman")
  Re: NEW: Richard Stallman's speech on FSM & GNU/Linux (Ken Klavonic)
  Re: Win2k vs Linux? Why downgrade to Linux? (J Sloan)
  Re: Poor Linux ("kiwiunixman")
  Re: Poor Linux ("kiwiunixman")
  It's not all about up-time (or: Time for some marketing?) ("Lloyd Llewellyn")
  Re: NSTL, and where are the Winvocates now? (.)
  Re: NSTL, and where are the Winvocates now? (.)
  Re: New Microsoft Ad :-) ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: MSG. to all about the loser kid trolls with nothing better to do...
("kiwiunixman")
  Re: Win2k vs Linux? Why downgrade to Linux? (.)
  Re: KDE Hell ("Ayende Rahien")
  NTFS Limitations (Was: RE: Red hat becoming illegal?) ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: Linux Mandrake 7.2 and the banana peel ("Tom Wilson")
  Re: Definition: Desktop, Workstation, Server. ("Tom Wilson")

From: "kiwiunixman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Dell system with Linux costs *more* than with Win2K
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:10:13 GMT

why do they call you flatfish?
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Linux is crude and inconsistant
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:12:48 GMT

In article <9481dp$8c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Lewis Miller wrote:

>>We're talking about workstations here.  I wouldn't trust IIS on ANYTHING
>>that even closely classified as "enterprise".  Or do you have another
>>definition of "workstation"?
>
>Right, but we're talking about Linux. Linux is a server OS. Through and
>through. So that's why we keep coming back to this point. Workstations be
>damned. you have a problem with a workstation, you don't even try to fix
>it. You grab the image file off the server and reimage the machine. Bam
>it's just like new. That's how to fix a Windows workstation.

The point made here for the CLUELESS is that Windows spent the
time to make their REINSTALL effortless.  WHY you ASK?

Because you HAVE to re-install Windows MANY times over the life
of your MACHINE.  That's because Windows is a peice of shit!

Linux is always, install it once, use it, upgrade it when
upgrades are available, but you never have to re-install it
unless you've just lost your hardware.

Or your mind.

Charlie

------------------------------

From: Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: New Microsoft Ad :-)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:13:34 GMT

Ayende Rahien wrote:

> "Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > ono wrote:
> > >
> > > btw: With W2K you can run a webserver while playing a DirectX game.
> Thats
> > > what I call 'really' using a computer! W2K downtime is most likely
> caused by
> > > performance-freaks installing the newest GeForce beta drivers ;-).
> >
> > The question is, can W2K play an MP3 file without breaking up, while
> > compiling a Borland C++ project?
>
> Why not?
>
> I've just put some serious stress to 2K, this include rendering a big 3D
> image, hot swapping old HDs and checking them for errors, all the while I
> was surfing the net, being a print server (not very busy, as the printer I'm
> using is a 4 years old HP deskjet 660C), surfing the net, accepting some
> *big* files from a friend via FTP, answering emails, watching a DVD movie
> (the Labyrinath(sp?) with DB, great movie, wonderful music), backing up some
> data, finding out that I still have a Zip drive and find out how to use it
> on 2K, testing the few zip disks that I've left.

Still, borrow C++ Builder and try my simple scenario, Doctor Octopus.

Chris

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux
Subject: Re: Linux is INFERIOR to Windows
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:15:42 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Hasler wrote:
>Salvador Peralta writes:
>> As I read it, this means that if you distribute the work to ANY party, or
>> if you publish the work in whole or in part, then the work must be
>> licensed as a whole, at no charge, to ALL third parties.
>  ^^^^^^^^
>
>Note that word.  _Licensed_.
>
>> That means everyone who is not the first party ( developer ) or the
>> second party ( buyer ), must be granted license at no cost.
>
>Yes.  However, it does _not_ require that I give them any _copies_ of the
>work.
>
>The GPL requires that derivatives be licensed under terms such that anyone
>who comes into legal possession of a copy of the derivative be granted GPL
>rights.  It does not require that anyone be given free copies.
>
>Example: I hack changes into gcc to make it compile VB and use it myself.
>Do I have to give any copies of either binary or source to anyone?  _No_.
>
>Now I sell you a copy of my gcc-vb, complete with source.  Do I now have to
>give copies of the source to anyone?  _No_.  Are you free to give away or
>sell copies?  _Yes_.  IF you sell someone a binary can he demand that I
>supply him with source?  _No_.  Not even if he is the original author.
>
>However, if the original author (or anyone else) somehow comes into
>possession of a copy of the source (the one you are obligated to give him,
>for example) he is free to incorporate my changes into the "base".
>--
>John Hasler
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Hasler)
>Dancing Horse Hill
>Elmwood, WI

ANY WAY YOU WANT TO CUT IT!

Without the GPL Linux would have NO POWER.

People often ponder why Linux instead of BSD.

Is Linux faster?  NO.
Does Linux have more hardware support?  Yes because of GPL security.

Are more people contributing to Linux than BSD?  I'd say yes.
Are there more BIG computer projects tied to Linux $$$?  Yes.

Why?  GPL....

Why don't people understand this simple fucking concept.

Charlie

------------------------------

From: "kiwiunixman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Win2k vs Linux? Why downgrade to Linux?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:17:48 GMT

<snype>
> So what do we have once installed?
>
> Security?
>
> Check out www.grc.com or better yet www.hackerwhacker.com on a newly
> installed Linux system and a Windows 2k system as well.
> Linux is WIDE OPEN to attack and only a seasoned pro is going to know
> how to shut things down via inetd to make it reasonably safe.
> I would be terrified to run a newly installed Linux system on a cable
> or dsl or any "on all the time" connection because you WILL be hacked
> in short order.
>
> Win2k show ALL relevant ports closed by default on both sites.
>
> Let's look at hardware, detection and drivers.

hmmmm, if I remember rightfully, thats not Linux?  Linux is merly the
kernel, hence, the security holes/problems you have mentioned  in you
dire-tripe "Linux vs. Windows" converstation,  lay squarely on the shoulders
of the Linux distributor NOT the actual kernel itself.

kiwiunixman

------------------------------

From: Ken Klavonic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NEW: Richard Stallman's speech on FSM & GNU/Linux
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:26:42 -0500

Bones wrote:

> > James Thornton wrote:
>
> > FYI: ArsDigita University made a RA streaming video of Richard
>                                    ^^                    ^^^^^^^
> > Stallman's speech on the Free Software Movement...
>   ^^^^^^^^                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> What's wrong with this picture? ( The irony is killing me )

Yep, that struck me as odd as well. Particularly considering the great
pains that RMS has gone to in the past to avoid entanglements with
non-free protocols. For instance, there are a couple of his past
speeches on fsf.org that are encoded as OGG Vorbis files, as even MP3's
are too non-free for him.

I can only assume that this video was made and distributed without RMS's
involvement.

------------------------------

From: J Sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:31:15 GMT

Some wintrol wrote:

> > Check out www.grc.com or better yet www.hackerwhacker.com on a newly
> > installed Linux system and a Windows 2k system as well.

OK -

> > Linux is WIDE OPEN to attack and only a seasoned pro is going to know
> > how to shut things down via inetd to make it reasonably safe.

Nope, you are dead wrong - it shows Linux is locked down.

BTW what specific distro & version do you mean by "Linux"?

> > I would be terrified to run a newly installed Linux system on a cable
> > or dsl or any "on all the time" connection because you WILL be hacked
> > in short order.

Nope - sorry, the facts just don't back you up here...

Nice try, wintroll

jjs

------------------------------

From: "kiwiunixman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Poor Linux
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:33:17 GMT

do you know why?  Because, by default UDMA is disabled as some controllers
are very buggy, hence, to maintain maximum compatibility, UDMA is disabled.
Also, try using a real email address and actually analyse the situation,
then maybe people (in COLA) will take you seriously.

kiwiunixman

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: "kiwiunixman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:39:39 GMT

Listen to my sonny, I have a Sound Blaster Live!, TNT2 32 MB Graphics card,
and a SwannSmart II 56K Modem (Aussie made = quality), and mine work
perfectly under Linux (SuSE Linux 7.0 Pro), with out an problems.  So, I
don't know what tree you fell out of, but it must of been a very long fall!

kiwiunixman

------------------------------

From: "Lloyd Llewellyn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: It's not all about up-time (or: Time for some marketing?)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:44:32 GMT

I was glad to hear the NSTL study results; it seems to validate a lot of what's
been said on this group.

But - I think it's a mistake to focus on something like up-time when it's clear
that up-time is not a make-or-break criterion for most "consumers".  Certainly
not desktop users, and maybe not even a huge amount of server admins.  Ease of
use, ease of administration, and application availability are also important -
and maybe more so.

Has anyone actually studied the motivations of Linux users and Windows users
(potential Linux users)?  Who are they?  What are their motivations for using
Linux instead of Windows?  Are non-Linux users aware of Linux?  Have they
thought of trying it? Why?  Have they tried it?  Why or why not?  If they tried
it, why did they stop using it?

I tried Linux for exactly one reason:  I want to have a choice of  operating
systems and application software.  Windows was kind of buggy, but not so buggy
that it would have been worth it to learn an entirely new environment and give
up the applications that I was familiar with.  I didn't personally experience
the "up-time pain" that the nstl study revealed.  I'm just concerned about a
monolithic future in which MS dictates what is and is not done in the computing
world.

It's good to know about Linux's stability and reliability, because it's another
weapon in the arsenal. However, though Windows isn't "best" in these areas, it's
"good enough" for a huge number of people.  How do we convince these people?

I don't want to see Linux become a consumer-targeted OS, but dammit, I want
enough people to use it so that MS does not consume the planet.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: NSTL, and where are the Winvocates now?
Date: 19 Jan 2001 04:44:20 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2001 03:15:34 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.) wrote:

>>fl
>>Actually, im staring at this using tin in an Xterm, I'm happily playing
>>one of my 5500 mp3s with winamp (with a nice kjofol skin), I'm writing
>>up a report for work with Abiword, and im compiling the latest glibc
>>so I can get cool themes with gkrellm.

> Too bad your newsreader can't thread articles.

Ummm..actually it can and it currently is.  I'm using 1.4.3.  Its been
able to thread articles for at least a few years.

>>> I've seen MVS/XA systems stay up for years. Am I going to balance my
>>> taxes on one?
>>
>>1. no you havent, the guy who writes your posts for you has though.

> You must some kind of real idiot....

> What does dm do?
> How about du ?
> v path?
> v device?
> ds p,

> would you like more?

Sure, if the guy typing for you is willing.

>>2. some of us balance our taxes without the need for a computer, and
>>   its much, much faster.

> I'll bet Uncle Sam loves you....

That, and some of us have functioning grey matter.

=====.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 19 Jan 2001 04:45:16 GMT

J Sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 19 Jan 2001 03:15:34 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.) wrote:
>>
>> >Actually, im staring at this using tin in an Xterm, I'm happily playing
>> >one of my 5500 mp3s with winamp (with a nice kjofol skin),

> Why futz around with winamp - are you doing it via wine?
> There's something called xmms that most Linux users run,
> it's similar to winamp, but is a native X windows app - and
> it uses the kjofol skins nicely.

Alright, im an idiot.  I meant xmms.

> BTW xmms can also play quake movies, a feature I haven't
> seen in any other program.

> Of course maybe it was a thinko - you meant xmms but
> typed winamp?

Exactly...:)

With the kjofol skin plugin.  I highly recommend it.

=====.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:45:33 +0200

"Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Ayende Rahien wrote:
> >
> > "Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > Thats
> > caused by
> > >
> > > The question is, can W2K play an MP3 file without breaking up, while
> > > compiling a Borland C++ project?
> >
> > Why not?
> >
> > I've just put some serious stress to 2K, this include rendering a big 3D
> > image, hot swapping old HDs and checking them for errors, all the while
> > was surfing the net, being a print server (not very busy, as the printer
I'm
> > using is a 4 years old HP deskjet 660C), surfing the net, accepting some
> > *big* files from a friend via FTP, answering emails, watching a DVD
movie
> > (the Labyrinath(sp?) with DB, great movie, wonderful music), backing up
some
> > data, finding out that I still have a Zip drive and find out how to use
it
> > on 2K, testing the few zip disks that I've left.
>
> Still, borrow C++ Builder and try my simple scenario, Doctor Octopus.

I've VC, DevC++, LCC, Borland C, TCLite, and probably a lot of other
compilers around, I've just described something much more stressful than
just playing MP3 while compiling.

------------------------------

From: "kiwiunixman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MSG. to all about the loser kid trolls with nothing better to do...
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:47:29 GMT

Bachelor of Business Computing and Bachelor of Music rock too! :)

kiwiunixman

news:3a676f77$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Date: 19 Jan 2001 04:48:04 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2001 03:17:33 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.) wrote:

>>Honey, you arent supposed to run those applications as root.

> Doesn't matter.,....

Yes it does actually, because root has a purposely limited path
statement.

>>> to a long
>>> list of major bugs like Glint,
>>
>>Which youve never used.

> So how do I know about it?
> Do some reasearch on it...

Because you did some research on it.

Congradulations on being able to read.

=====.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: KDE Hell
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:55:27 +0200

"Donovan Rebbechi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:21:22 GMT, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >

> >The perl philosophy is that if a language prevents you from doing
> >bad things it will likewise prevent you from doing good things.  I
> >agree, at least to the point that I would not expect any programmer
> >who counts on the compiler to keep him from making mistakes  to
> >ever do anything great.
>

> Failing to read documentation for private class members is not a
> "mistake".
>
> As for "counting on the compiler to prevent him from making
> mistakes", well I thought most of the supposed benefits of
> interpreted languages was that they made it harder to make
> mistakes (for example, with memory management). THerefore, I would
> expect that a good interpreted language should not be unnecessarily
> error prone.
>
> Another point about compilers catching errors -- good compilers can
> catch all sorts of fine problems, and issue appropriate warnings.
> While a good programmer shouldn't depend on these sorts of features,
> they certainly make it easier. Note that it's not just dummies who
> use them -- good C/C++ programmers will turn warning levels up high,
> and good perl programmers will put "use strict" in their code and
> use the "-w" option.

It's not the compile time errors that you should be afraid of, it's all
those nasty *run* time errors (other wise known as bugs) that should be the
concern of any programer.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NTFS Limitations (Was: RE: Red hat becoming illegal?)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:58:01 +0200

"." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > Linux is not at all at fault in this scenario.  You have issues with
the
> > > limitations of one filesystem.  Exactly like the limitations of FAT or
> > > NTFS (I know NTFS can handle larger files than ext2, but that doesn't
> > > mean it doesn't have its limits).
> >
> > The only real limitation of NTFS I'm aware of is slow new-file creation
when
> > dealing with orders of tens of millions of files.
>
> There are limitations on file sizes and numbers, as there must be...
> luckily, the max filesize with NTFS is huge, but it wont be long before
> people are hitting that limit too (if they haven't already).

16 Exabytes ???
16 billion Giga byte.

I'm not sure exactly *what* you can put into a file to get into that size.
Hell, you can probably put the Internet in one such file with room to spare
including all the warez sites (anyone knows how much data is on the
internet? Last I checked was about two years ago, and it was in the order of
TBs only.)

> > Sometimes ago someone mentioned ADS as an NTFS exploit, but I've found
> > absolutely no information about this.

Alternative Data Streams

appear in the form of:

filename:ADS
":" is the ADS delimitor.

Possible documentation you would like is Linux Kernal mailing list, search
for NTFS streams.
(Check out Linus' idea about "Everything, but I mean *everything*, is a
file", btw.)

They are also called Named Streams, btw.
Currently they are mainly being used for Macintosh compatibility (much
better than what Linux has at the moment, btw).

There are many ways to use them, frex:
You've an image called img.jpg
The image itself is stored in img.jpg:$DATA ( $DATA is the default, also
called unnamed stream by some.)
You put the thumbnail in img.jpg:Thumbnail

If you've a ADS aware viewer, it would make its job *much* easier, it
wouldn't have to read the whole file and then minimize the picture, (more HD
i/o & CPU cycles) it will just read it from the thumbnail stream.

Or take Word like files, AFAIU, Word store the text in one place, and the
formatting in another place. (IE, it's not like HTML, when you have text &
formatting mixed up).
HTML: Ayende <B>Rahien<B>
(Probably) Word: Ayende Rahien <from character 7 to character 12, formatting
is bold>

You could do document.doc:$DATA that would contain the plain text of the
file.
And document.doc:Formatting that would contain the formatting

I'm sure you can see why this is a good feature.
BTW, ADS are attached to something, usually a file, but it's perfectly legal
for a directory to have ADS, or even root directory. There is not limitation
on how much ADS a file/directory can have.
If you delete a file, all its ADS will be deleted, same for a directory, if
you have ADS to a root, you'll need to start messing with some APIs to
delete it.

Unfortantely, while NTFS itself supported this from the beginning, and the
APIs are capable of reading & writing from ADS, and there are ways to
read/write it from CLI, there is absolutely no:

A> Awareness for this feature.
B> ADS-aware NT/2K 's standards tools. Neither CLI nor Explorer will let you
know whatever a file has ADS, how many of those, and how much the file's
size is (they only count unnamed stream, not ADS).
C> No way to delete/rename ADS with any of NT/2K standard tools

The APIs exist, and it would be a trivial matter to anyone who knows even
little programming to build a tool that would allow both B & C, it's not
part of NT/2K itself.

Another problem with ADS is that you can't:

A> Send a file via FTP with ADS (I'm not sure how much this is a true
limitation, because you probably can do send file.txt:ads and have it work
if it's NTFS - to - NTFS trasfer, didn't check it, though).
B> Attach a file with Email/News.
C> Move it to non-NTFS HDs. (I *think* that HPS+ might have the same
feature, but I'm not so sure about it.)

------------------------------

From: "Tom Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux Mandrake 7.2 and the banana peel
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:58:37 GMT

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

message

> >overnight?

> >> Xfree runs fine on 32M, even with a DnD desktop and a nice
> >> WindowManager running... <snicker>
> >
> >It runs great on mine too but I have 64MB and a 16MB Voodoo 3. (Mostly
> >counter-balance the slow P166 driving it all)
> >
> >One of the older 32MB P150 dev systems at work did great with KDE.
>
> My old system was based on some Cirrus Logic 54xx chipset
> running on VL...
>
> It still trumped significantly faster hardware (in just about
> any respect) runing NT4.
>
> Past a certain point, the worst bottleneck in a GUI system is
> the end user.

Poorly written apps sitting on top of a GUI can cause their share too.
Seems to be a lot of those floating around on every platform.

One place where I've seen a Linux box noticeably knock a superior box
running NT into the dirt is as a print-server. Ancient 486-66 (Long story),
running Linux, serving an NEC Laser and HP Deskjet. It beat the dogsnot out
of the Pentium running NT it replaced as far as speed and responsiveness
were concerned. It was the final impetus in eliminating NT from all but the
development boxes. Cheap, fast , good - PICK ALL THREE?!?!?

We never have to reboot a server box.

--
Tom Wilson
Sunbelt Software Solutions

------------------------------

From: "Tom Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Definition: Desktop, Workstation, Server.
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 05:02:32 GMT

"mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Tom Wilson wrote:
> >
> > "David Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:9414eo$h4a$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > "mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió en el mensaje
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > server,

Stability

> > >    I think that the terms server and workstation are not in the same
> > level
> > > that desktop is. I mean, a desktop can be attached to both of them.
For
> > > me a workstation is a computer you use to achieve a job, be it
reading
> > > mail be it doing scientific calculations, so it depends on the task
you
> > are
> > > doing, if you want/need a desktop or not. I dobasically agree in your
> > > server definition.
> >
> > I always considered a workstation to be a desktop tied to a server or
> > otherwise participating in a network.
> >
> > Hmmm, anyone up for a silly semantics war ? :)
>
> I hope it doesn't become a "war," but it is interesting to hear that
> there is really no distinction in the marketplace between "desktop" and
> "workstation"
>
> As per my definitions, there is a need for a "workstation" class and
> there is a need for a "desktop" class. The two need not be the same,
> probably shouldn't be.
>
> What would be a good nomenclature to use?

Good question. Workstation definitely fits for higher end professional
hardware (Work). Desktop is a little undescriptive since that also defines
that big flat thing you set your workstations on. Homestation would be the
logical choice but sounds a bit cheesy.