From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: M$ doing it again!
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:34:52 -0500

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey, shit-for-brain (I'M TALKING TO *YOU* FUNKENBUSCH)....if you
> > > mean something *OTHER* than API, then don't use the term API.
> > >
> > > Now...here's some ... advice.
> > >
> > > sit down
> > >
> > > and SHUT THE FUCK UP
> > >
> > > you miserable, uneducated, lying fool.
> >
> > And once again, we see that when Aaron makes a fool of himself and is
> > called on something, he can only result to name calling and vulgarity.
> >
> > You didn't answer the question, but instead tried to dodge it by acting
> > like a child.
> >
> As much as I disagree with Eric´s pedantic definition of "published" API,
> here I must say I am with him.
> Aaron Kulkis is a shame for onyone using Linux, IF he uses linux at all.
> His header shows Win98, and he tells us that he fakes it.
> It is about as believable as his claim that his shitty signature acts as
> a deterrent for the guys mentioned in it. Whoever believes that is about
> as braindead as A R Kulkis. I think he should be killfiled by everyone
> here until he stops posting in this manner AND he trims doen his sig.

Oh god, this wouldn't be an America vs. Germany thing now, would it?

> Peter
>
> --
> The sticker on the side of the box said "Supported Platforms: Win 95,
> Win NT 4.0 or better", so clearly Linux was a supported platform.

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft seeks government help to stop Linux
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:36:42 -0500

Edward Rosten wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Scott
> Gardner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>It is not about concealed guns, but guns in general.
> >>
> > Okay, then simplify the argument.  Why don't you wan't me to own a gun?
>
> If everyone was level headed and responsibel, it would not be a problem.
>

> > My idea of freedom isn't about guarantees.  "Someone unbalanced" can buy
> > a car, or a baseball bat, or a brick, and inflict harm on others with
> > it.
>
> But you can inflict so much more damage in so much less time with a gun.

Drive your car through a crowd outside a football stadium and get back to us.

> They are potentially much more dangerous than the others.

You're fucking insane.

I can EASILY kill 1000 people with a car MUCH faster than with a gun.

All i have to do is find a big crowd and plow right into it as fast
as I can go with the gas pedal pressed to the floor.

Even better if I get a pickup truck and mount a snow-plow on the front.

> >  I just don't feel that depriving EVERYONE of something just because
> > wackos can abuse it is the solution.  Define some minimum standards, and
> > let the responsible people enjoy the freedom.
>
> Minimum standards still let people through the net. Besides why let the
> few people (I'm in the UK) enjoy freedom th the expense of the rest of
> the population.
>
> -ed
>
> --
>                                                      | u98ejr
>                                                      | @
>              Share, and enjoy.                       | eng.ox
>                                                      | .ac.uk

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: State of linux distros
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:38:07 -0500

Reefer wrote:

> "Aaron Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i meddelandet
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>

> > Your marijuana-induced fog of non-comprehension problem is not my problem.
>
> Clearly u have big problem, concerning your lack of ability to communicate
> with other people in a proper manner......

Your reading comprehension problem does NOT connote a failure on my part.

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Open Source better be careful - The Microsoft Un-American
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:40:44 -0500

Marten Kemp wrote:

> Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> <<snip>>
> >
> > Diesel-electrics were NOT introduced to solve a fuel-consumption problem:
> > they were introduced because they provide better torque from a dead stop
> > than steam...allowing an increase in the gross tons per locomotive ratio.
> >
> > Also, they can be remote-controlled from one cab by electrical hookups,
> > allowing ONE crew to harness the power of three or four engines.  With
> > steam, you would still need 1 or 2 people in each engine, and the
> > linkage would probably (in those day) have to have been mechanical,
> > not electrical.
> >
> <<snip>>
>
> Steam engines are rather more maintenance-intensive than diesels, IIRC.
> There is a lot of plumbing inside a steam engine's boiler, all of which
> has to be kept leak free.

These days, that's fairly simple.  Just use stainless steel, or
[steel electro-plated with copper] electro-plated with chrome.

> How did we get on this topic, anyway?

Who knows
Who cares
Discussions are like that.

> -- Marten Kemp

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (A transfinite number of monkeys)
Subject: Re: Time for a Windows reinstall!
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:42:27 GMT

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:44:50 -0800, Joel Barnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: If I understand you correctly, you are saying that  a third party software
: pkg called Nero screwed up and filled up your HDD. Now your pc runs slow and
: you blame MS for this. How is MS to blame for this ?

Umm, maybe because the problems did not go away after he cleaned up the
drive?  That is, he removed the offending file(s) that were causing his
filesystems to be out of space, and the problems persist.  Sounds like
it's quite ok to blame MS for this.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:46:39 -0500

Peter Hayes wrote:

> > >How many civs do you know own enough weaponary to stop a mobile gun
> > >shelling you from 60 miles away?
> > >

> > Again, you're showing your mindset.  If the armed forces of a
> > government turned against the citizenry, the "mobile gun unit shelling
> > you from 60 miles away" would be right in SOMEONE'S backyard,
>
> Within a 60 mile radius there'd be plenty of vantage points in rural areas
> where a pre-emptive strike would take out potential resistance.
>
> Never heard of military planning?

And yet, the IRA continues to be an operational force to this day.
Why is that?

A half-decent hunter can lay down harassing fire from 500 yards
or more.  An above-average hunter can achieve a 50% hit-rate at
500 yards.

By the way, you make the erroneous assumption that the civilians
will sit idly by and do nothing.

Maybe that's just England, where you have let monarchs have beaten
you into the "resistance is futile" mode....

> > and if
> > the armed forces have declared war on the citizens, that someone would
> > likely be sympathetic to your cause.  In my country at least, there
> > are almost 300 million people, and only a few million in the armed
> > services.  Considering that so much of our infrastructure is supported
> > by civilians, and the country is so huge, I can speak intelligently as
> > an officer in the United States military and tell you that if we were
> > to try such foolishness, we would be righteously fucked...
>
> Hungary 1956 (I think), Czechoslovakia 1968.
>
> The citizenry hadn't a chance against the Soviets, guns or no guns.

Rostov on Don held out against the Communists for YEARS.

They only reason they surrendered to Lenin's forces was because
Stalin had people go into the city at night, murder some priests,
and leave the bodies in the town square....for several nights
in a row.

> If  your scenario came to pass there'd be lots of blood spilt, 99.99999% of
> it would be civilian blood.
>
> As in Hungary and Czechoslovakia.

> > Scott Gardner
> > LT     US Navy
>
> No comment.
>
> Peter
> --
>
> You have added or changed your signature.
>
> Your signature server will now reboot so that
> the changes will take effect.

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:38:57 +0000
From: Richard Heathfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Something Seemingly Simple.

Aaron Kulkis wrote:

> Z wrote:

> > > Standard C does not define *ANY* functions.
> > >

> > Standard C includes the language definition and the standard
> > library. If you don't mind to look this up in the C standard.
> >

> The compiler and the library are separate definitions.

The standard library is defined in section 7 of ISO/IEC 9899:1999, which
is the document defining the C language. So it's quite clear that the
library is part of the language.

The compiler is another matter, however. Please provide a normative
reference from the Standard which defines a compiler. I looked hard, and
failed to find one.

--
Richard Heathfield
K&R Answers: http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/kandr2/index.html

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:47:10 -0500

Peter Hayes wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:34:59 -0500, Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Steve Mading wrote:
> > >
> > > In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > : Panzers go "blub blub blub" without a dock to land them on.
> > > : Beachheads are not docks.
> > >
> > > By that argument, the Normady landings never would have had any tanks
> > > in them, and they DID.
> >
> > You must remember...we BROUGHT our own docks.
> >
> > I believe the code-word for them was "rhubarbs".
>
> "Mulberry"?

DING! DING! DING!

We *HAVE* a *WINNER*!

> Peter
> --
>
> You have added or changed your signature.
>
> Your signature server will now reboot so that
> the changes will take effect.

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian Bau)
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: [OT] .sig
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:49:09 +0000

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Gergo Barany wrote:
> >
> > Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > At this moment, I am well within the borders of the United States.
> > > The only applicable law which has jurisdiction over me is the First
> > > Amendment of the Constitution....which gives me the right to say
> > > pretty much whatever I damn well please.
> >
> > Quote chapter and verse, please.
> >
> > Gergo
> >

> All too easy:
>
> Here is the start of Constituion of the United States of America,
> Notice that the site is the National Archives and Records Administration
> (United States federal government)

<snipped>

I guess you are not in the slightest aware that while sitting comfortably
in the USA, taking advantage of your right of saying pretty much whatever
you like, you can easily break the laws of some other countries. Which
might catch up with you if you leave the country.

For example, if you write for any important US newspaper, it is quite
likely that a significant (lets say a few hundred) number of this
newspaper are sold in the UK, and someone could sue you and your newspaper
for libel in the UK if you write anything about them they don't like. If
you or the newspaper have assets in the UK they might be gone.

Or lets say you think that you have the right to send Nazi propaganda
material from the USA to Germany thinking that you are covered by the
First Amendment whatever. If you then visit Europe you might be in for a
surprise.

And in the end, even if your constitution gives you the right to behave
like a ******* doesn't mean you have to behave like one.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I wonder how long i can make Kulkis (read fuckwit) sig
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:48:05 -0500

moooo wrote:

> Well the fuckwit is already upto L maybe he will add another entry for
> me soon now ive changed my name

That trick never works.

L: "mooo" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What license?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:48:52 -0500

Thomas Fyhn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am about to start a game project for linux and have the following
> problem:
> All the code in the game will be open source, but the guy that makes the
> graphics (drawings) wants to have his copyright for the art he makes. Is
> there any way to make this work with the GPL license? Or should I choose a
> different license?
>
> Thank you for any help
>
> Best regards
> Thomas Fyhn

the drawings aren't code.  There you go.

> ---
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

L: "meow" is yet another anonymous coward who does nothing
   but write stupid nonsense about his intellectual superiors.

K: Truth in advertising:
        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: willem veenhoven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.c
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:51:27 +0100

Aaron Kulkis wrote:

> But you *CANNOT* legally make me shut up.
> And the more you try, the more I will deliberately annoy you.

Right. In that case I suggest to all posters in clc not to respond to
Mr. K. anymore. He is just another impudent rascal who is already quite
famous in other groups for his continuous attacks on people who dare to
disagree with him, as a quick search at deja/google learns.

willem

--

C: whoever disagrees with me :)

B: Aaron K.