From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft abandoning USB?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:50:29 -0500

JS PL wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Shocker.  Let me ask you something: how much can an author ethically
> > charge for something that costs him nothing, and has no functional
> > value?
>
> The author can ethically charge whatever he wants, it's the beauty of living
> in a free society. I realize you wish producers of intellectual property
> were slaves of the state and must give away their creativity to anyone who
> wants it or sell it at a rate which you can best afford but the world
> doesn't work like that anymore. Maybe a hundred years ago perhaps, but it's
> a whole new world today.
>  If I write a song and want a trillion dollars for it, it's my right.
> Communism is dead Marx.

At least one person around here understands why I harp on politics,
even though I fully support Linux.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 04:11:33 +1000

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Mathew wrote:

>a lot

> > > Having a monopoly is not illegal.
> > >
> > > Engaging in a pattern of anti-competitive behavior to gain and hold
> > > the monopoly *is*.
> >
> > Numerous monopolies work on this premise.
> >

> And any and all which do are operating illegally.
>

> Of course, a good little Communist like Mathew is all for monopolies...
> as long as it's a GOVERNMENT monopoly...

Do you have orgasms spewing this bullshit about me?

Is there any reason that you insinuate things about me,that I have never
even given my opinion of?

This is the true menatlity of an immature person,either emotinally or
intellectually.It quite sounds like what a fascist says.

From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 04:17:13 +1000

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Mathew wrote:
> >=20
> > On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Chad Everett wrote:
> >=20
> > > On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:03:09 +1000, Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wro=
te:

> > > It would be a lot like Las Vegas, Nevada
> >=20
> > I heard the Mob is not so much in control of Vegas now.
> >=20
>=20
> Which one of the voices in your head told you that?

Logic.They control it very much less now than they did in the 60's and 70's=
.
The Feds want to make sure they get all of their tax money.

------------------------------

From: Jim Broughton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows, Linux and evolutionary models
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:19:40 GMT

Larry Cosner Jr. wrote:

> Recently there was a discussion of Darwinian evolution, including ideas
> revolving around natural selection; this was discussed particularly as it
> applied to the Linux/Windows confrontation (conflagration?).  The
> discussion got me to thinking about a concept known as 'frozen accidents'
> in evolutionary biology.  I'm not sure how widely known this term is
> outside bio-geeks, so I'll give a minimalist definition below; sorry if it
> is superfluous.
>
> In terrestrial evolution (other kinds being difficult to study), the
> following has been observed: when some 'problem' is solved in a new and
> significantly better way, that solution rapidly displaces all previous
> mechanisms for addressing this problem.  This is regardless of whether the
> new 'solution' is optimal or not.  Put slightly differently, if the new
> solution is enough better than any of the old solutions (as opposed to an
> incremental improvement), it rapidly comes to dominate.
>
> In such instances--assuming that this new solution is 'better', but not
> necessarily 'optimal'--truly optimal solutions have a much more difficult
> job displacing an entrenched, system-wide 'solution', even if they are
> provably better.

 This really is not such a bad analogy. Sit and think about it for a while
but go beyond the mere computer and OS into the management structures  of
the said OS' and computer manufacturers. To whit...

In the earliest days there were the SUSTO computer systems (single user
single tasking organisms) You had the apple SUSTO the Commodore SUSTO
the IBM SUSTO. Each with its own underlying genetic structure ie the
operating system, reproductions facilities (mass manufacturing plants) and
the environmental management (some would say the least functional of the
genetic code of the SUSTO ie the corporate managment infrastructure).
Add to this the self modifying genetic layer of engineering (although this
was controlled by the corporate management infrastructure and to this end
was stunted in its ability to improve the organism) and you get a better
picture of the SUSTO as it existed in the early days.
  Here is where we get into the darwinian theorys.  If the CMI (corporate
management infrastructure ie marketing) had a incorect view of the
environment in which it lived, it gave bad instructions to the engineering
sections. Who then produced an organism (computer system)  ill suited for
its envinronment. This of course was noted by the other SUSTO's who then
went through the same process in order to push the other SUSTO's out of
said environment.
 At some point an accident of major proportions occured in which an organism
was unleashed which could be made by many manufacuring plants each with its
own CMI. Thus was born the IBM CLONE SUSTO. This organism grew out of
control even managing to stunt the growth of the original organisms CMI in
this environment. At this time another CMI organism that was lurking in the
wings grew by leaps and bounds by working with the CLONE CMI's. This
organism was of course Microsoft. This organism was and is a  parasite.
 Other lesser known CMI organisms were also at work but were more behind
the scenes SGI, SUN and DEC who produce SUMTO or single user multitasking
organisms and were VERY expensive. Thus limiting their penetration into the
environment at large though this seemed to satisfy the CMI's of those
organisms.
 All was not lost however as the apple CMI had an altogether different
aproach to the environment. Thus was born the SUSTO with a pretty graphical
user interface. This apealed greatly to a segment of the environment. Other
CMI's followed suit but could not overcome the momentum of the original
CMI's SUSTOgui. This was coupled with genetic flaws in the CMI's of the
competing organisms. (Ie atari and Commodore died of there own internal
ineptness)
 The parasitic organism known as microsoft saw the environment of the GUI
and conveted it. Thus was born the windows system. A system to compete with
the apple SUSTOgui. This system was coupled with the CLONE SUSTO's and
formed a very powerful environmental force. This system did not work very
well at first but had a WOW factor in the environment. This parasitic
organism and its byproduct now dominates the environment. For more
information on how a parasitic organism can come to dominate an ecosystem
search for the article on parasitic organisms on the discover magazine web
site.
 Early in the microsoft gui developement stage a new organism was
germinating. This organism unseen at first because of its small size
(though based on previous work done by countless other but now
fragmented or extinct organisms) was to progress to a point where the
dominant organism took notice. Because of the way this new organism was
organised the old school CMI's  and the dominant parasitic organism have
had a hard time dealing with it. This is somewhat stunting its growth. This
new Linux organism is persistant though because of its decentralised
management infrastructure and the quality of its personel because of this
none of the CMI's can damage it without much costly effort.  This now leads
us to present time. The future of course cannot be seen only guessed at.

The previous is meant as humor please take it as such. Time lines have not
been kept and it jumps around a bit. SO WHAT. It does however take a small
but warped view of corporate activites as a darwinian model. Have at it.

--
Jim Broughton
(The AmigaOS now there was an OS!)

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:20:38 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis"

> You know, Bill, for someone who claims to be an officer in the United
States
> Army, you really are a thick-head mule. (*)

Better than being the horse's ass every one knows you to be, wannabe "war
hero".

> A) The USSR supported insurgencies whose primary goal was to "liberate"
> the people into enslaving themselves under the yoke of Communism
> (name one Communist country which isn't a totalitarian police state),
>
> B) the US supported insurgencies to overthrow totalitarian police states.

US supported many totalitarian police states, you idiot.  Chile is but one
example.  You truly really are clueless, KuKuNut.

> Compare and contrast.

Yeah, do that would ya, wannabe.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:22:27 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:56:07 -0500
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>"T. Max Devlin" wrote:
>>
>> Said Aaron R. Kulkis in alt.destroy.microsoft on Fri, 30 Mar 2001
>>    [...]
>> >If someone attempts to enter your country, unanounced, without making
>> >proper contact with the appropriate authorities (customs officials,
>> >border patrol, air traffic control), then they are a legitimate target
>> >for those personnel charged with the DUTY of defending the border.
>> >
>> >What's the difference between "illegal immigrants" and "invading
>> >army" other than numbers?
>>
>> Nothing, if you're a paranoid schizophrenic.
>

>OK...now...for the NON-paranoid schizophrenic...
>What's the difference between a mob of "illegal immigrants" and
>"invading army" other than the numbers?

Uh...organization and equipment?  :-)

Admittedly, I for one don't see much else; if a mob breaks into a
gun store that sells, say, AK-47s, they're going to be inherently
dangerous (to themselves, if nothing else!) and may have to be
dealt with as though they were an invading army -- note that invasions
by armies (organized mobs or no) can now be suppressed through a bevy
of tools the Founding Fathers may never have imagined, never mind
having.  (For examples, FLIR, helicopters, communications equipment,
hovercraft [*], rapid-deployment forces such as urban SWAT teams and
their military equivalents, AWACS monitoring planes, and satellites.)

Even without semiautomatics, a mob is still something to be reckoned
with, albeit somewhat carefully lest the rest of the country get
wind of what happened and charge the military with excessive brutality
in carrying out their mission(s) (a variant of "communications equipment"
includes news broadcasts).  It's not clear to me whether the
general lay public of the late 1700's knew the viciousness of some of
the aspects of the Revolutionary war, or of wars subsequent until
the early 1900's, when radio first appeared.  (I don't know offhand
when radios were first mass-produced, but it was probably around
World War I.)

Of course, there are a few other problems the Fathers may not have
thought of, such as aircraft flying illegally over the border, as well.
(Guess what they're carrying? Probably not candy for babies. :-) )
They might have had to worry about hot-air balloons, but that's about it.
Given my previous calculations, it's not clear whether a musket rifle
could have holed a baloon or not -- and even if a balloon were to
successfully touch down, it would require a ground team to recover it,
implying, again, organization.  (Not sure how they'd carry it without
a truck, admittedly; perhaps a large flatbed or sledge dragged behind
a horse team?  :-)   Would there be, ahem, enough horsepower?)

[.sigsnip]

                    Microsoft.  When it absolutely, positively has to act weird.

------------------------------

From: Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft has gone insane
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:24:51 -0700

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:30:01 -0700, Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> As I recall, Hailstorms tend to be as damaging as a swarm of locusts.
> >>

> >Hailstorms damage windows. Whenever we get a hailstorm, the greatest
> >damage is to green houses, car windshields and other window like
> >structures. I wonder if the mighty Microsoft marketing machine has thought
> >this out very well. Hailstorms and windows do not go together very well
> >unless you sell glass related products.
> >

> Hailstorms destroy windows and windshields that would normally not have
> to be replaced, forcing continued upgrades and payments to windows
> manufacturers that, if not for hailstorms, would not be needed.

A Microsoft product name that actually describes its true function?  They
will probably change the name before it goes into production.

--
Michael Vester
A credible Linux advocate

"The avalanche has started, it is
too late for the pebbles to vote"
Kosh, Vorlon Ambassador to Babylon 5

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Holloway)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:25:00 GMT

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:21:31 -0500, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>> wrong turn somewhere, I just don't see these multitudes of traitors
>> strolling around everyday.
>
>Really?  How about all of those congress-critters whose primary pursuit
>is figuring out how to raise taxes so that the money can be funnelled
>into the pockets of their favorite constituents (welfare parasites
>and corporate parasites)?
>
>The clause says "GENERAL welfare" not welfare.  PUBLIC ROADS constitute
>general welfare.  AFDC, and WIC checks, and special tax breaks are
>*NOT* ***GENERAL*** welfare...they are specific welfare for specific
>individuals.  Same thing goes for Social Security.
>
>And I don't give a damn how much you or anybody else "paid into it".
>Anybody who supported the continuation and expansion of Social Security
>was a fool buying into a Ponzi Scheme...and I for one, feel not the
>slightest obligations to fulfill your childish "we can tax ourselves
>into prosperity" dreams.
>
>Fuck all of these people for stupidly trusting a class of people who,
>since the dawn of time, have been known as pathalogical liars.
>
>"The only distinctly American criminal class is Congress"
>       -- Mark Twain.
>

>> "May you always have fair winds and following seas..."
>>
>> Paul Holloway
>

>--
>Aaron R. Kulkis
>Unix Systems Engineer
>DNRC Minister of all I survey
>ICQ # 3056642
>
>K: Truth in advertising:
>       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
>       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,
>       Special Interest Sierra Club,
>       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
>       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
>       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
>       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
>

>J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
>   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
>   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
>
>I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
>   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
>   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
>   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
>
>H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
>    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
>    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
>    you are lazy, stupid people"
>
>G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
>

>F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
>   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
>
>E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
>   her behavior improves.
>
>D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
>   ...despite (C) above.
>
>C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
>
>B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
>   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a

Given the fact that you are a blatant troll, constantly ranting and
raving about this, that, whatever, and sundry bullshit, this is the
only time I'll respond to you.

You don't like the US, get the f*ck out.

If you don't have a viable solution, then you're part of the problem.

Au revoir, adios, ciao, sayonara, aloha, see ya later.

*PLONK*