From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pete Goodwin is in good company
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:33:06 -0400

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> Matthew Gardiner wrote:
>
> >> Use YAST2 to do what?
> >
> > Setting up the two Network Cards.
>
> Ah. I tried that. It was easier to edit the config files myself. Once I
> figured out what was going on, I left it alone.

Considering that setting up network cards with YAST is rediculously
simple...

I guess that means that editing the config files is MUCH easier than
you claim....isn't it, hypcrite.

> >> I've not seen that suggestion...
> >
> > I have suggested it approx. 2 other times (not including this email)
> > that maybe there is a conflict/problem between the 2.4.0 kernel and KDE
> > 2.1
>
> This is first time I've seen your suggestion.
>
> >> I tried this scanner and it revealed faults. I tried another memory
> >> scanner and even wrote one myself to make sure - yes there is a fault.
> >
> > On a few other posts you claim that it had nothing to do with your
> > hardware and everthing to do with X and KDE.
>
> I was convinced that because I could see no faults with Windows that there
> could be no hardware faults. I'm currently investigating, and it's a fault
> that appears after several hours - so it could be I see everything working
> fine for a while then bang!
>
> > Just in regards to the memory errors. The problem isn't just isolated to
> > Linux, Windows 2000 Pro is very thingy about the quality of system ram,
> > I have had several instances where Windows 2000 refuse to install, then
> > I later installed a new memory module and motherboard, and it installed
> > without any problems.  As for Windows 98/ME, it is not too fussed about
> > the quality of the RAM as it doesn't have the same demands as Windows
> > 2000 Clients.  Also, many of the BSOD's that do occur are generally
> > caused by faulty parts, not the OS itself, however, there are instances
> > when Windows 9x/ME crashes and it is a mystery finding out what actually
> > caused it.
>
> So you're saying Windows 98/ME copes better with memory problems? 8)
>
> --
> Pete

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: 23 Apr 2001 15:14:03 -0500

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:22:19 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Chad Everett wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:13:44 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>how droll.
>
>Actually, I did have one girlfriend that looked a lot like Sophia Loren
>(the 1960's version, when Sophia was still in her 20's).

Which of the 1. through 15. was this?

>> >I moved out of my parents house TO ANOTHER STATE at the age of 17.
>> >

>> A court ordered restraining order.

So I got the court orderded restraining order part correct?

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 Rocks!
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:38:02 -0400

Nils Zonneveld wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
>
> > > Like a server is most easily administrated with a commandline, an
> > > everyday desktopsystem for the average user is most easily to use with a
> > > GUI.
> >
> > False premise.  Almost all routine work is made MUCH easier with
> > command line tools like sed and awk.
>
> For you maybe. But times are changed and computers are not only for
> those in smug ivory towers.

It takes 2 minutes to learn how to use sed to do simple, repetitive tasks
It takes 5 minutes to learn how to use awk to do simple, repetitive tasks.

In other words, it takes less time to learn both sed AND awk then it
does to process 5 files by hand with cumbersome GUI tools.

> While awk and sed are powerful tools for
> people like system administrators, they are next to useless to your
> average marketing manager or other every day computer users. For most
> people computers are a means not an end.

If they are "every day" computer users, then, by definition, they
are using computers every day, and the payoff for doing things
(like global name replacement) far exceed the minimal investment
of time needed to get started with this simple, but POWERFUL tool.

> > > Oh BTW can you do something about that ridiculous .sig of yours, 4 lines
> > > of .sig would be quite long enough.
> >
> > make me
> >

> No. I'm asking you politely.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Nils Zonneveld

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (theRadical)
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:37:48 GMT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:26:20 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>theRadical wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:49:32 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >Spot the strawman arguments.
>>
>> strawman?  you threatened to confiscate my car as part of you duties
>> as a law enforcement officer.
>
>Wrong on two counts.
>
>I said, by your logic, I should, as a government agent, be able
>to confiscate your car

wrong, you said you WERE a government agent and that you WERE going to
confiscate my vehicle because you WANTED to.

>>  to confiscate my car, you must show up.
>
>Did I give you an exact date?
>
>a) yes
>B) NO

C)  so fucking what?

at least you admit that you were going to show up, flip flopper.

you are nothing more than an arrogant hateful asshole liar.

>hope that helps

the kulkis strategy:

attack, dodge, attack, accuse, dodge.

>> when you show up, we will converse.  what makes that a strawman
>> argument?
>>
>> you are the liar with the ridiculous arguments.  your accusation of
>> strawman arguments is a joke.
>

>So says the scarecrow maker.

so says the lying asshole who can't back up anything he says.

------------------------------

From: James Silverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
gnu.emacs.help,alt.religions.vim,alt.religion.emacs,fj.editor.vi,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Tired of XEMACS, moving to VIM
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:37:32 -0400

> > [1] Yer also a weenie if you don't have at least one clean room in your home
> > to do such things. :)
>
> magnetic disks are for weenies.
>
> real men use punch cards.

Is it still possible to buy punch cards and does anyone use them for any
serious purpose? Not meant to be sarcastic, just wondering.

Jim.
--
James V.  Silverton
Potomac, Maryland.

------------------------------

From: mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: bank switches from using NT 4
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:46:41 -0400

Jon Johansan wrote:

> "mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > Except that it isn't true. Many companies are finding that an NT/2K
> solution is
> > not more stable, is not cheaper, is not easier to manage.
>
> Except that what you just wrote is NOT true. W2K IS much more stable and
> cheaper and in every single way imaginable much MUCH easier to manage. I
> mean, night and day differences.

when compared to NT, maybe. Compared to UNIX. Not.

> >For every article
> > about a company switching to an MS solution, one can find one about a
> company
> > dropping an MS solution (or pointing out that the previous company did not
> > deploy the MS solution in the critical areas.)
>
> I doubt this.

Look for yourself, try any search engine.

> > An article that claims someone is moving to an MS solution is less
> valuable
> > than one which claims they are dropping the MS solution. The logic is that
> one
> > is based on an estimate, and the other is based on experience.
>
> WOW - didn't you just identify yourself as a blind zealot here! whew!!

Why? Any documentation about what someone is planning to do, is less reliable
than documentation about what someone did. What someone is planning to do,
hasn't been done yet. What someone has done is past tense.

Where is the flaw in the logic, what implies I am a zealot? Even if I were a
zealot, what are the flaws in my reasoning?

--
I'm not offering myself as an example; every life evolves by its own laws.
========================

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (theRadical)
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:40:34 GMT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:50:03 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>theRadical wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:31:15 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >Gonna come say that to my face?
>>
>> i'm still waiting for you to show up to repossess my vehicle and
>> explain your ridiculous theory that a ship captain is nothing more
>> that a paper pusher.
>>
>> when you show up, i will say that and much more, twat.
>
>Mounted bayonets at 20 paces.
>
>How about it, big boy.

all you need is a few good bitch slaps.  show up bitch.

------------------------------

From: David Dorward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 - It is an excellent product
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:40:49 +0100

Hullo wrote:

> Wonderful product from Microsoft. Go get it and get used to the future
> dudes.

Can't afford it and it won't run most of the software I like to use (and
the exceptions are much faster under Linux).

--
David Dorward                               http://www.dorward.co.uk/
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink

------------------------------

From: mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:48:00 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Isolated, no. Rare, as in a bank making a press announcement or doing an
> > interview about an IT change? The only reason we know it, is because someone
> > signed a deal that by doing so, reduced the cost.
>
> Agreed.  Yet in other postings you implied that you expect to see an
> article a year or two from now documenting the failure.  What makes you
> think they would publish something like that?

Because when someone makes a public statement, there are usually many waiting
for either confirmation or failure.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:43:16 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:48:43 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Roberto Alsina wrote:

>time,is
>as 6.

>child

>(communists!)

> >> The government should protect people from danger.
> >
> >The US Supreme Court has ruled that the police have ZERO obligation to
> >protect people from danger.  They are only required to investigate crimes.
> >If they also HAPPEN to protect the people, then that's great...but, legally,
> >it's not part of the job description  (although protecting POLITICIANS is).
>
> I don't know how it is up there, but here, the goal of arresting the
> criminals is to prevent them from committing more crimes, and that
> counts as protection.

Arresting criminals is necessary, but not sufficient for "protection"

that is, you can arrest criminals, but STILL not fulfill any sort of
supposed obligation "to protect" the public.

To protect the public means to prevent the crime from occuring in
the first place.  In practical terms, this means 2 or more policemen
on duty standing guard around each and every house each and every night.

This is in addition to those out patrolling the roads.

Anything less is not protection.

> >> Isn't that why people should pay for the army?
> >

> >No.  That's why every able-bodied male should SERVE in the army.
>
> And buy their own planes, right?

non-sequitor.

> >We need to bring back the draft so that smart-aleck little cowards
> >like you will pull your fair share of the load....or rot in jail.
>
> When I was in millitary age, there *was* a draft.

did you serve?

> >> That was not a question. It was not even a sentence!

> >> I don't have a daughter.

> >> There you have it. Your turn.
>
> Notice: here Aaron made a promise and broke it.

I answered above.

> >> No, that's theft, which is not slavery.
> >
> >Slavery is nothing more than theft.
> >
> >Therefore, theft is slavery.
> >
> >Hope that helps, moron.
>
> It would help convince a moron indeed. It won't convince anyone
> with one tenth of a brain, though.

I'm not interested in convincing retards like you.  All i need
to do is convince those people who have a whole brain.

>you?

> >> Actually, no. I believe slavery is something much worse than theft.
> >> Yet you claim theft is slavery. I would say YOU are the one that
> >> belittles slavery.

> >> You, my friend, are confused.
> >
> >You obviously don't know about all the different forms of slavery.
>
> You obviously don't know about any.

Please tell us why you (erroneously) think slavery is not theft.

hint, it has NOTHING to do with confinement, nor brutality.
Hope that helps

> --
> Roberto Alsina

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:43:43 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> Chad Everett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On 23 Apr 2001 19:31:57 GMT, Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >>Bzzzt. Not everything is a dichotomy.
> >>In this case, in particular, you are presenting something that is NOT
> >>a dichotomy as if it were one. That's why it's a FALSE dichotomy.
> >>
> >>Don't they teach logic in Perdue?
> >>

> >Oh brother!  Roberto lecturing on logic.
>
> I actually did precisely that a couple of times. With lanctern and all.

Talk about malpractice.

> --
> Roberto Alsina

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.