From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 20:02:46 +0100

>>> It is not acceptable to disagree with the Sensitivity Industry.  They
>>> will label you a bigot at the first indication that you don't come to
>>> the  same conclusions they do.
>>
>>Well, one thing about the true bigots, if you disagree with them on,
>>say, a matter of homosexuality, you will automatically be branded
>>homosexual.
>
> Liar.  Maybe for a moment I did make a false assumption.  (Oh my God I'm

Please remind me why I unkillfiled you.

> not perfect so shoot me.)  You corrected me that I should not have
> assumed this and I took you at your word, and now admit I have no idea
> about your preferences.

Good.

> But look what happens whan an a-hole like yourself throws out the
> "bigot" slander.

You're the self-centred a-hole assuming that I'm only refering to you.
I'm not. there are others too who made that assumption.

> I can respond with "no I'm not", but that won't do
> me any good, will it?  The "bigot" slander will not be retracted,

You seemed very much of the opinion that homosexuals would try to convert
all other men to be homosexuals, simply because they are homosexual. I've
no idea where you got that idea from, but it seems to be to me like a
precoception (or based only on a view of a very small and vocal
minority). Anyhow, with that, you are tarring all homosexuals with the
same brush.

> because you didn't like something I said which was not "pro homosexual".

You maid broad, sweeping and unkind statements about homosexuals. If I
misinterpreted, please correct me now because you didn't at the time.

>>Just read some of the threads I've been in. chrisv for instance has
>>assumed that I'm homosexual because I was backing up Chronos Tachyon
>>(who claimed to be homosexual).
>
> See above.

-Ed

--
You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.

u 9 8 e j r (at) e c s . o x . a c . u k

------------------------------

From: Marcello Barboni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: AMD is to Intel as "What OS" is to Windows?
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:11:18 GMT

In article <9cmdap$5nf$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

> Couldn't you put some server side code in to only send that out if the
> user-agent is Internet Explorer? :-)

Actually, I think the fixed background works only in internet explorer.

Marcello

------------------------------

From: "pookoopookoo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.unix.advocacy,alt.solaris.x86,comp.unix.solaris
Subject: Re: Is StarOffice 5.2 "compatible" w/MS Office 97/2000?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 14:13:16 -0400

> You've obviously not used vi (note it's lower case, not VI).  Agreed, vi
is
> a bitch no learn, but once grokked, it is a truely powerful editor.  No
doubt
> the same could be said for emacs - but as I don't use it, I can't comment.

No matter how powerful it is, all it does is edit text. That's not what the
average user wants. They want nice printed output, with reasonable color
correction and WYSIWYG formatting. Maybe a few nice templates. Most
important is a nice GUI and WYSIWIG.

> UNIX does have GUI email clients too, ya know.  Probably got there before
> Windoze, too.

Probably, but grandmas all over the world kind of missed the boat. Now
they're in the Microsoft / Apple camp.

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson caught LYING again.
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 13:08:31 -0500

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> billh wrote:
> >
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> >
> > > WesTralia, the handwaving doesn't distract from your donkey-raping,
> > > shit-eating lifestyle.
> >
> > Show a modicum of maturity, wannabe.
>
> Just calling it as I see it, coward.

In your world, Aaron, what exactly do you see?  Besides your mom coming
down the basement stairs with your bowl of Spaghetti-Os.

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:18:57 GMT

"T. Max Devlin"

> >Get on a night live fire range with an infantry company supported by
> >anti-tank, mortar, and arty.  It is violence of the first order.  To say
it
> >is not, is simply naive and ignorant.
>
> Apparently, your intent is to so torture the term 'violence' as to make
> it useless.  Congratulations.

A few of the definitions from the dictionary on my desk:

violence, n, 1.  swift and intense force 2.  rough or injurious physical
force, action, or treatment 3.  a violent act or proceeding

One of the definitions of violent:  acting with, characterized by, or caused
by injurious or destructive force

By what means do you think the army achieves its mission of fighting the
nation's wars and winning?  Violence.  Just look at the news clips from the
100 hours of the ground war in Desert Storm.  Are you suggesting that the
ground and air forces did not win by use of overwhelming violence?

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4     are
liars.
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:21:02 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis"

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Does Linux support "Burn-Proof" CDRW's
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:23:47 GMT

Ok I see where you are coming from. You are right there are too many
acronyms and I am most definately NOT a programmer.

The plugins are called "Direct-X" plugins however.

Flatfish

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux has one chance left.........
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:23:51 GMT

On Tue, 01 May 2001 16:34:33 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(The Ghost In The Machine) wrote:

>Have you checked out Apple lately? :-)  They're probably superior to
>Microsoft in that regard -- they're certainly better-looking,
>presentation-wise.

I'm a big fan of Apple. I bought my daughter an iMac a year ago and I
have not had to touch it since. It just works and requires no upkeep
at all.

>Depends on the user.  A collection of a gazillion steel girders that
>are disjointed might have great appeal to a construction crew.  :-)
>A collection of a gazilliion stamps may be of passing interest
>to someone interested in philately.
>
>(How much, precisely, is a "gazillion"? :-) )

Point taken :)

>>Linux has one last gasp left and that is to attack the MS .net
>>marketing campaign.
>
>That wouldn't work, and is more properly a function of Sun/Java anyway.
>.Net will be ported to a large number of platforms -- Linux may or may
>not be among them -- and may be the most highly successful Microsoft
>endeavor ever.  Whether it will be profitable for Microsoft is not clear.
>But it will be successful, if only because MS will pour bilions into it.
>People will adopt it -- in fact, people already have, as people will
>still purchase Office 2000 and the yet-to-be-released Office XP, which
>contain .Net precursors.  Microsoft gets ahead by looking behind as
>necessary.

The entire concept has me terrified.
I hope it falls right on it's face, but I suspect MS could sell ice to
an Eskimo if they had to.

>Once established, .Net will be embraced and extended in the usual way.
>Popularity will fall off on non-Windows platforms, and MS will in
>time offer an emulator (something like Bochs, only more featureful)
>which will allow Windows to run on non-x86 platforms.  For a price,
>of course.

I sure hope not because although I run a Windows based system, I would
never want to see Apple or Linux or any other system get squashed.

>This will finally allow Microsoft to run on the much-vaunted S/390,
>and, with specialized hardware provided by a joint agreement between
>MS and IBM (a SVGA emulator, essentially), you'll see the familiar
>login screen of Windows XP just about everywhere.
>And it'll "see" you, too -- it'll have to, in order to implement porn
>protections and software authorization keys.

IBM is real big with Linux on S/390's and I am hoping they can sell
customers quickly with Linux before MS has a chance to get started on
it.

>Meanwhile, Bill will run for President of the World in 2012,
>winning in an unprecedented landslide election, and he will
>immediately put his philanthrophy to good use, installing Windows
>XP everywhere, including Haiti, Cuba, and Nepal.  (The sad part is,
>this might actually work; Linux's Unicode support is spotty at best.
>I for one expect this to improve with time.)

Ha ha!!

But will XP be used to count votes down in Florida :)

>I agree.  The best method is to swamp .Net, by offering better
>technology at a lower price faster, not by bad-mouthing it.
>Bear in mind Linux can do neither, anyway -- it's just a kernel!
>The users, on the other hand, are a sleeping giant -- or maybe not
>sleeping! -- and if Microsoft makes one false move, they might in
>fact be stepped on or rolled over by this giant.  (Bear also in mind
>that Linux, for all of its much-hyped advantages, can do absolutely
>nothing about racial conflicts such as the Hutus veersus the Tutses
>(if I'm even spelling them correctly), feed the hungry, cure the
>common cold (although one might write a program to simulate protein
>interactions), remove corruption from local, state, county, or
>country governments, build baseball stadia, or clean up the
>world's pollution.  Just to put all this in perspective...)

Linux CAN do it if IBM's plans for S/390 and AS/400 and clustering
systems running Linux become popular. I suspect they are going to
become big sellers and this can keep MS at bay.

On the desktop however, Linux is still a tough sell.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.unix.advocacy,alt.solaris.x86,comp.unix.solaris
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:18:43 -0400

pookoopookoo wrote:

> > You've obviously not used vi (note it's lower case, not VI).  Agreed, vi
> is
> > a bitch no learn, but once grokked, it is a truely powerful editor.  No
> doubt
> > the same could be said for emacs - but as I don't use it, I can't comment.
>
> No matter how powerful it is, all it does is edit text. That's not what the
> average user wants. They want nice printed output, with reasonable color
> correction and WYSIWYG formatting. Maybe a few nice templates. Most
> important is a nice GUI and WYSIWIG.

Nobody claimed that vi was appropriate for such uses.

Alternatively, Star Office is not suitable for writing code.

> > UNIX does have GUI email clients too, ya know.  Probably got there before
> > Windoze, too.
>
> Probably, but grandmas all over the world kind of missed the boat. Now
> they're in the Microsoft / Apple camp.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.military.folklore,misc.survivalism
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4 are liars.
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:25:40 GMT

   Aaron> billh wrote:
   >>
   >> "Aaron R. Kulkis
   >>
   >> > Never did, shit-head.
   >> > Food is Class I.
   >> Another lie from the "wannabe".
   >>
   >> Your post (news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...) from 27 Apr 2001 in the
   >> thread, "Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)" proves you a liar.  I repost
   >> it below:

   >> __
   >> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
   news> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   >> > Bill Hudson is LYING again.
   >> >
   >> > No, Class II is FOOD, you moron.
   >> >
   >> > --
   >> > Aaron R. Kulkis
   >> > Unix Systems Engineer
   >> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
   >> > ICQ # 3056642
   >> >
   >> > L: This seems (Snip much worthless crap).
   >>
   >> You are both the moron and the liar.  Of course, the soldiers and vets in
   >> uma have had you pegged as such for a long time now.  You're a wannabe,
   >> Kulkis.

   Aaron> Bill, did you forge that yourself, or did your mommy help you.

You are proven a liar once again.

Your original post is still at Google.

http://groups.google.com/groups?[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You are not only a serial liar, you are a very stupid and
inept liar.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.military.folklore,misc.survivalism
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:25:00 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> billh wrote:
>    >>
>    >> "Aaron R. Kulkis
>    >>
>    >> > Never did, shit-head.
>    >> > Food is Class I.
>    >> Another lie from the "wannabe".
>    >>
>    >> Your post (news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...) from 27 Apr 2001 in the
>    >> thread, "Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)" proves you a liar.  I repost
>    >> it below:
>    >>
>    >> ____________________________________________________________________________
>    >> __
>    >> ________________________________________________________
>    >> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>    news> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    >>
>    >> > > KuKuNut thought Class 2 was shelter.
>    >> >
>    >> > Bill Hudson is LYING again.
>    >> >
>    >> > No, Class II is FOOD, you moron.
>    >> >
>    >> > --
>    >> > Aaron R. Kulkis
>    >> > Unix Systems Engineer
>    >> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
>    >> > ICQ # 3056642
>    >> >
>    >> > L: This seems (Snip much worthless crap).
>    >> _________________________________________________________________________
>    >> ___________________________________________________________
>    >>
>    >> You are both the moron and the liar.  Of course, the soldiers and vets in
>    >> uma have had you pegged as such for a long time now.  You're a wannabe,
>    >> Kulkis.
>
>    Aaron> Bill, did you forge that yourself, or did your mommy help you.
>
> You are proven a liar once again.
>
> Your original post is still at Google.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> You are not only a serial liar, you are a very stupid and
> inept liar.

I did not write that.

Hope that helps.

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:26:25 -0400

WesTralia wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > billh wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis"

> > > Show a modicum of maturity, wannabe.
> >
> > Just calling it as I see it, coward.
> >

> In your world, Aaron, what exactly do you see?  Besides your mom coming
> down the basement stairs with your bowl of Spaghetti-Os.

I see million-dollar plus EMC Storage Area Networks

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:36:41 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis"

> Can be, yes.  C-17's performed strategic lift in the China-Burma-India
theater

LOL!!!

It's the Douglas C47 (DC3), idiot.  Or the Curtis-Wright C46 (CW20) or the
Douglas C54 (DC4).

Can't you get anything right!

Truly, a wannabe.  You've out done even yourself, KuKuNut.  Pathetic, just
plain pathetic.

LOL!!!

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 13:34:24 -0500

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> billh wrote:
> >
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> >
> > > WesTralia, the handwaving doesn't distract from your donkey-raping,
> > > shit-eating lifestyle.
> >
> > Show a modicum of maturity, wannabe.
>
> Look man, I lost my cool for a second.  I am just tired of the guy riding
> me about using windows 98.  So what if I use it?  It's a good operating system
> and it is very popular.  I am no guiltier than the next guy.

Hmmmm...