From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:30:38 -0400

Ray Fischer wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Well, I haven't tried to make many people more tolerant, because the
> >> people I am friends with have enough of a moral sense to realise that
> >> blind prejudice is wrong.
> >
> >Evaluating people on their behavior is NOT prejudice...it is postjudice
>
> But being a homosexual is not behavior any more than being heterosxual
> is.

Sticking your penis in some guy's anus isn't behavior?

> --
> Ray Fischer         When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  into you  --  Nietzsche

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:33:34 -0400

Daniel Johnson wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Said Daniel Johnson in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Tue, 01 May 2001
> > >
> > >Well, no. Windows 1 and 2 were bundled with Excel and
> > >(I think) Word for the PC, but Windows 3 was sold
> > >retail, then sold to OEMs.
> >
> > It was forced on OEMs, who had to buy it in order to get DOS, which was
> > already a secure illegal monopoly.
>
> Microsoft did not risk getting anal about this until
> 1995, when Windows 3's position was already very
> strong.

It's still Illegal

Hope that helps.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft and McCartheism
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:41:53 -0400

Zippy wrote:

> too bad nothing on "the register" is ever documented or backed up by
> substantial references of any kind.

other than the sources themselves, no, nothing.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft hit new security 'level' :-)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:43:13 -0400

Greg Copeland wrote:

> I've got to tell you, your sig is one of the most worthless and annoying

Since it's designed to be annoying, I consider it to be a success.

> that I have *ever* seen.  Please stop.   Plleeaassseeeee.......
>
> Please.....
>
> Greg

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Flacco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: De we need (or is there) a GPL Legal Defense Fund ?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 18:43:52 GMT

what can a lightweight GPL author do if a corp decides to use his GPL'd
code contrary to the terms of the GPL?

Is there a legal fund established anywhere that covers this (inevitable?)
eventuality?

Are there legal analyses of GPL available anywhere?

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.unix.advocacy,alt.solaris.x86,comp.unix.solaris
Subject: Re: Is StarOffice 5.2 "compatible" w/MS Office 97/2000?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:45:33 -0400

Edward K Dodge wrote:

> "pookoopookoo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > > You've obviously not used vi (note it's lower case, not VI).  Agreed, vi
> > is
> > > a bitch no learn, but once grokked, it is a truely powerful editor.  No
> > doubt
> > > the same could be said for emacs - but as I don't use it, I can't comment.
> >
> > No matter how powerful it is, all it does is edit text. That's not what the
> > average user wants. They want nice printed output, with reasonable color
> > correction and WYSIWYG formatting. Maybe a few nice templates. Most
> > important is a nice GUI and WYSIWIG.
> >
> > > UNIX does have GUI email clients too, ya know.  Probably got there before
> > > Windoze, too.
> >
> > Probably, but grandmas all over the world kind of missed the boat. Now
> > they're in the Microsoft / Apple camp.
> >

> What would gramndma want with UNIX?  It's a developer/programmer's OS.

And developers develop WHAT exactly?
And programmers progrma WHAT exactly?

> Edward Dodge
>
> --
>
> Hmmmmm...

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Belway)
Crossposted-To: seattle.gay.news,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men,soc.singles
Date: 3 May 2001 18:46:48 GMT

Matthew Gardiner ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) writes:
> Chris Belway wrote:

>>> yes I am rather happy.
>>>

>> Matthew, how long have you been happy about your homosexuality?
> How long have to been happy being a biggot?

That's not a very happylike thing to say-you don't seem very happy with
your gayness.

 Steatopygias's 'R' Us.          doh#0000000005 That ain't no Hottentot.
 Sesquipedalian's 'R' Us. ZX-10. DoD#564. tbtw#6. s.s.m#8. There ain't no more
 If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is,
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell
him is, "Probably because of something you did." - Jack Handey

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: article on Windows 2002
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:47:42 -0400

Glitch wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.com/news/567993.asp
>
> Is it just me or does Microsoft have trouble figuring out a consisten
> naming scheme for their operating systems?
>
> I think they have an identity crisis or something.  I wish it would stop
> whatever it is.

Some executive at DEC once said: "If you can't create a better product,
introduce massive confusion into the marketplace."

Of course, it didn't work for DEC, and it will likely backfire
on Mafia$oft as well.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: KuKuNut, USA/USAF Doctrine for Airlift Operations?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 13:45:48 -0500

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> WesTralia wrote:

> > > So, you are claiming that the Commander of the 21st Air Force,
> > > the Commander of the Air Force, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff
> > > didn't know what the fuck they were doing when they designated
> > > the C-130's in the 21st Air Force as Strategic Airlift.
> > >
> > > Bwwwwwwwwwwahahahahahaha.
> >
> > Yeah Aaron, that is *EXACTLY* what I am claiming, along with me being
> > a decorated veteran of WWI, WWII, the Korean War, Vietnam, The Gulf
> > War, and I am still only 18 years old and own a fortune 500 company.
> >
> > Aaron, you are truly a clown who has become disconnected from his
> > rubber nose.
> >

> The facts (ALL from official sources, as cited above) say that
> I'm right.
>
> The C-130 *IS* used as a strategic lift platform.

Oh, what am I arguing with you for!  You missed the boat completely
on what I was pointing out.

Now, when are you going to put the string 'WesTralia' in your .sig
somewhere?  I have put in an honest effort, I have earned it.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:50:21 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > :> What an absurd statement, you're the one being completely illogical. If
> > :> a hetrosexual can be "converted" then clearly they already have
> > :> homosexual leanings.
> > :
> > :Proof?
> >
> > Know anybody who 'came out of the closet' who said ``I honestly had
> > absolutely no desire for guys before and got turned on by women only, and
> > I wasn't just acting.'' ?
> >
> > Why is it called 'coming out of the closet' as in their personality
> > was hidden, rather than, ``changing my mind about what gender I wanted
> > to boink.''
>
> Also take this logic as well.  Would some one wakeup one day and say, "I'll
> join one of the most despised groups, lose most of my friends and then to
> top it all off, get rejected by my family".  Doesn't sound logical, does it?
>
> Homosexuality is not a new thing, it has been around for millions of years
> (since man has existed), and in some cultures, it is seen as perfectly
> normal, aka, thats how nature made you. Unfortunately, the US is riddled
> with religious extremists that try to demonise people who are homosexual.
> In the New Zealand parliament, we have a transexual MP, and several openly
> gay MP's, a rastafarian MP (the same religion as Bob Marley).  I wonder if
> there is that sort of deversity in the house of representatives? when there
> was the Hero Parade in Auckland, the Prime Minister went along to support
> Gay Rights, yet, in the land of the free, I don't see that happening.

In other words, it's a genetic defect.

> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How to hack with a crash, another Microsoft "feature"
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:52:46 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
> > "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:9cqfpu$7vi$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> But the news just keeps on truck'in. Had this been a Linux article, and
> > the
> >> patch had been out for 2 years you would have said, "see, see, I told you
> >> Linux was un-secure", double standards in the purist form.
> >
> > You have never heard me make such an argument.  I have argued about the
> > recent bout of Linux Worms based primarily on patched fixes, but only to
> > point out that bitching about MS security patches not being applied is the
> > pot calling the kettle black.
> >
> And also Microsoft claiming that closed source software more secure than
> opensource, that is definately the pot calling the kettle black.

No...that's a case of the Pot calling the SNOW black.

> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.