From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:54:42 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > jet wrote:
> > >
> > > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > Blood comes out of the urethra?
> >
> > No..it keeps the urethra tightly closed until forced open by exiting semen.
>
> Did you know in 1966 95% of  U.S. soldiers in Vietnam had contracted
> VD?

Different infections pathway.  Hope that helps.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: Linux beats Win2K (again)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 18:59:37 GMT

On Fri, 18 May 2001 14:42:01 -0400, worlok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I use Linux as the host OS on my workstation here at work and as my main OS
>on 2 of my home machines, while the 3rd runs Solaris 8 (it's a Sparc).  I
>use VMWARE to run Win2k in a virtual machine, since my employer has sadly
>used Exchange for mail, and we all know that MS won't ever make Outlook for
>Linux ;-)
>
>I am VERY happy with Linux as a desktop OS and think it is better than
>Windows.  I use it for Office type stuff, internet stuff, MP3 ripping and
>playing, scanning, digital picture grabbing, etc... I burn CD's with it
>too.  What else could one want.  It makes me happy.  I get the most out of
>my machines.
>
>Now, I do still keep a W2k installation around for one thing.  Even though
>I can burn CD's on Linux, Adaptec's EZ CD creator is the best for dragging
>mp3's over to audio cd's in one operation.  It is hardly Linux's fault if
>that program has no Linux version, however.

xmms has a .wav generating plugin that'll convert an entire directory of
mp3 into wavs in one operation.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:01:35 -0400

Edward Rosten wrote:

> > I promised myself that I would plonk this thread, but KNode doesn't do
> > it  for me and I happened to read it today.  Ah well.
>
> Same here, but PAN doesn;t seem to do it very well. I plonked Aaron,
> because he's a real idiot.

Translation: I, Ed Rosten, admit that I cannot defeat Aaron's arguments.

> -Ed
>
> --
> (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)
>
> /d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
> r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s{15
> }d f/t{240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage}d pop t

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matt Kennel)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:05:39 +0000 (UTC)

The Danimal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:Most women I know do not want to share their beds with men who
:frequently stick their dicks up other men's assholes. Clearly
:these women regard that as defective behavior. Instead these
:women prefer to give the best of themselves, their care and
:attention, and the bulk of their free time to men who do not
:carry what they clearly regard as the homosexual defect.

surprise surprise them guys feel just the same way back

:Jet, whenever you'd like to demonstrate that you don't regard
:homosexuality as undesirable behavior you could start by
:desiring homosexuals; i.e., treating homosexual men with the
:exact same respect, attention, care, and preference that you
:lavish on the minority of heterosexual men you regard as
:nondefective.

yo queer boy, buys me another drink.

:-- the Danimal

--
*        Matthew B. Kennel/Institute for Nonlinear Science, UCSD
*

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matt Kennel)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:07:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 18 May 2001 00:03:20 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:It also leaves out the fact that it's next to impossible to FORCE
:significant amounts of female secretions into the male body.
:
:if a male has abrasions on the penis...blood pressure forces OUT
:contaminating substances.

Fortunately for their genomic survival the microbes of syphylis,
herpes and gonorrhea seem to be unaware of this law of physics, and
continue in their toon-like way.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:09:45 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> jet wrote:
>    >>
>    >> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>    news> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    >> > chrisv wrote:
>    >> > >
>    >> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    >> > >
>    >> > > >> HMMM??? Are you claiming then that homosexual behavior is a
>    >> disease????????
>    >> > > >>
>    >> > > >
>    >> > > >Close.  He's claiming that it's the RESULT of a disease
>    >> > > >
>    >> > > >Or something.
>    >> > >
>    >> > > Kookis, don't you tire of displaying your ignorance and bad logic to
>    >> > > the world?
>    >>
>    >> Obviously not.
>    >>
>    >> >
>    >> > You guys STILL have yet to demonstrate that homosexuality is
>    >> > anything OTHER than defective behavior.
>    >>
>    >> Defective in what way?
>
>    Aaron> nonproductive
>
> Getting a blow job or going down on a woman is non-reproductive.

Compared to vaginal sex, yes.

but not nearly as counter-productive as buggering another man.

> Is that too a "defect"?
>
> Check your "logic".

Got heterophobia?

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:07:56 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > jet wrote:
> > >
> > > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > Blood comes out of the urethra?
> >
> > No..it keeps the urethra tightly closed until forced open by exiting semen.
>
> Sounds like a U-boat.

Warmonger.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Michael Marion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Rather humorous posting on news.com commentry forum:
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:14:24 GMT

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> How long a computer stays up is not enough. Does it have all the apps,
> the drivers, the support etc.? Linux doesn't have that yet.

Let's see: Yes, yes, and yes.  Linux has the apps I need, the drivers I need,
and the support I need...

Windows is nothing more then a gaming box.

> And how many Suns are going to be bought by the average consumer?

Not many, but probably more then you think.  They have a lot of sub-$1000
machines now that are pretty impressive.  Unfortunately, most consumers can't
see beyond raw MHz and have no clue that a 600MHz UltraSPARC (or even a 750MHz
P4 in a MAC) is going to be faster then a 1GHz x86 chip.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Senior Engineer-Qualcomm-http://www.miguelito.org
If a listener nods his head when you're explaining your program, wake

------------------------------

From: Michael Marion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:16:59 GMT

Martin Kudlich wrote:

> On the other hand: you may know a lot about computers, linux et. al. But do
> you know as much about cars or appliances. When it comes to cars I'm
> admittedly a complete moron. I've got to rely on the experts -
> unfortunately. I'm just lucky that they allow me to drive ... ;-)

Ah.. but the difference there is that we know the basics that are required to
drive, and if something needs to be fixed, we know that either we have to
learn to fix it, or we pay a mechanic to fix it.  Too many computer users
don't want to learn even the basics, and want to be able to get free phone
support to walk them through fixing complex issues.. without needing to think
through a problem at all.

Can you imagine how horrible it would be to be a mechanic that receives phone
calls all day from car owners that want you to walk them through fixing the
engine.. when they don't even know what a screw, bolt, wrench, etc are?

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:20:34 -0400

Edward Rosten wrote:

> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> So, you admit that it's a result of a defect of some sort.
> >
> > For some animals, sex is determined environmentally.  If you are a
> > crocodile, being male is neither genetic nor a choice - do you therefore
> > believe that it is a defect?
>
> Thanks. I prefer this one. I didn't much like my example but it was the
> only one I could think of.
>
> -Ed

False analogy.

being male or female, with attraction to members of the APPROPRIATE sex
is productive.

Being attracted to logs, or even members of the INAPPROPRIATE sex
is COUNTER-productive.

Hope that helps.

> --
> (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)
>
> /d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
> r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s{15
> }d f/t{240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage}d pop t

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:21:06 -0400

Edward Rosten wrote:

> > I promised myself that I would plonk this thread, but KNode doesn't do
> > it  for me and I happened to read it today.  Ah well.
>
> Same here, but PAN doesn;t seem to do it very well. I plonked Aaron,
> because he's a real idiot.

Translation: I, Ed Rosten, admit that I cannot defeat Aaron's arguments.

> -Ed
>
> --
> (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)
>
> /d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
> r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s{15
> }d f/t{240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage}d pop t

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 12:24:28 -0700

The Danimal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> jet once again demonstrates an astounding lack of self-insight:
> > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > You guys STILL have yet to demonstrate that homosexuality is
> > > anything OTHER than defective behavior.
> >
> > Defective in what way?
>
> a. Would you marry Aaron Kulkis?
>
> b. Would you marry a homosexual man?
>
> If the answer to both questions is "no," then we may conclude
> that you consider both men to be defective as potential
> marriage partners. You don't want to marry Aaron Kulkis
> because in your mind he carries showstopping defects.
> Ditto for the gay guy.

I won't marry a woman, but I don't consider women "defective". You're just
playing word games.

When Aaron says gay men are "defective", I don't think he just means he
doesn't want to sleep with them.

> Most women I know do not want to share their beds with men who
> frequently stick their dicks up other men's assholes. Clearly
> these women regard that as defective behavior. Instead these
> women prefer to give the best of themselves, their care and
> attention, and the bulk of their free time to men who do not
> carry what they clearly regard as the homosexual defect.
>
> Jet, whenever you'd like to demonstrate that you don't regard
> homosexuality as undesirable behavior you could start by
> desiring homosexuals; i.e., treating homosexual men with the
> exact same respect, attention, care, and preference that you
> lavish on the minority of heterosexual men you regard as
> nondefective.

Look, if Ricky Martin is gay, he can wipe his dick off and stick it in me
anytime.