From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:22:40 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> Roberto Pavan wrote:
>    >> >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
>    >> >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> > You guys STILL have yet to demonstrate that homosexuality is
>    >> >> >> >> > anything OTHER than defective behavior.
>    >> >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> Why?  Seriously.  Why should they demonstrate anything?
>    >> >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> Seeing as it affects you not one whit whether someone chooses to have
>sex with
>    >> >> >> >> someone of the same gender, why should they have to prove anything to
>you at all
>    >> >> >> >> regarding this behaviour?  Why not go on wearing your tutu and
>playing with your
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> If a car that I don't own, and I'm not riding in, crashes, killing all
>aboard,
>    Aaron> due to brake failure...
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> are you trying to imply that I should be prohibited from commenting that
>    Aaron> the car was obviously defective in some way...
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> sock while listening to Barry Manilow records and staring at pictures
>of flatulent
>    >> >> >> >> field mice and leave them the hell alone?  Both you and they will be
>ever so much
>    >> >> >> >> happier...
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> Personally, I wish all of these defective people would quit running around
>    Aaron> demanding that I give them special rights, so that they can indulge in
>    Aaron> their defective behavior.
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> Can you name a single right being asked for that heterosexuals
>    >> >> >> do not either already have,
>    >> >>
>    Yes> The PRIVILEGE of not allowing others to judge their behavior.
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> For example, *I* get judged on my behavior all the time.  Why should
>    Aaron> homosexuals get a special exemption?
>    >> >>
>    >> >> Who is asking for such a thing?
>    >>
>    Aaron> The gay privileges lobby.
>    >>
>    >> Nobody is asking for a law anything like that.
>
>    Aaron> That's funny, we just voted on EXACTLY that kind of ballot proposal
>    Aaron> on May 15 in my city.
>
> Cite.  I do not believe you.

Royal Oak, Michigan.

>    Aaron> Thank god it was defeated.
>
>    >> >> >> or would have along with gays should
>    >> >> >> the proposed item be passed into law?
>
>    Aaron> They tried that in my home town just this week.
>
>    Aaron> Although public opinion polls showed the special-rights-for-gays proposal
>    Aaron> to have a slight majority....the ACTUAL VOTING TURNOUT was a landslide
>    Aaron> defeat for the homsexuals.
>
>    >> >> Name one of the so-called special rights.
>
>    Aaron> The privilege to NOT bear the consequences of one's behavior.
>    >>
>    >> I note you have failed the challenge to identify a single special
>    >> right.  That does not surprise me, because all that is being asked
>    >> for is equal rights.
>
>    Aaron> You can't read, can you.
>
> Yes, I read very well.  You have not found a single special
> right being asked for.
>
>    >>
>    Aaron> Imagine that.
>    >>
>    >> >> >> I will not hold my breath.
>    >>
>    >> >> >> There is nothing "special" about equal rights.
>    >>
>    Aaron> Homosexual already HAVE equal rights.
>    >>
>    >> >> No, they are not allowed to marry the willing adult of their
>    >> >> choice, and are thus shut out of a large set of rights, privileges
>    >> >> and responsibilities.
>    >>
>    Aaron> Any man is allowed to marry any woman whom he so chooses.
>    >>
>    >> Correct, if she is willing.  However homosexuals are not allowed
>    >> to marry the willing adult of their choice, and that makes them
>    >> second class citizens.
>
>    Aaron> Marriage is not defined as "the adult of your choice", marriage
>    Aaron> is defined as "the adult OF THE OPPOSITE SEX".  Gays are just as
>
> Exactly, which is why gays are second class citizens with less
> than equal rights.
>
>    Aaron> free to participate as non gays.
>
> Nope, they are not allowed to marry the willing adult of their
> choice, and hence have to pay considerably higher taxes.
>
>    Aaron> Any woman is allowed to marry any man whom she so chooses.
>
>    Aaron> All gays have these rights, just like anybody else.
>
>    >> Nope, the rest of us have the right to marry the willing adult
>    >> partner of our choice.
>
>    Aaron> See above.
>
> I did, it proved my point.
>
>    Aaron> Any additional laws are Special Privileges.
>
>    >> >> I have yet to see a single special right or privilege being
>    >> >> asked for.
>
>    Aaron> You wish to escape the consequences of your deviancy.
>
>    >> No, I want all to have equal rights.
>
>    Aaron> You have them, now sit down, and shut the fuck up, LOSER.
>
> I do, gays do not.  That is wrong.
>
> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Krow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,soc.men,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: evolutionary (oh boy) psychology: the short form
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:24:22 GMT

> "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" wrote:
> >
> > Get with it. You can't be a good little right wing bigot if you
> > can't read the program, Aaron.
> >

> Did it ever occur to you that I really don't give a fuck about gays...

For someone who doesn't give a fuck about gays you spend an inordinate time
on the internet discussing them.

Krow

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:26:37 -0400

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> Correct, if she is willing.  However homosexuals are not allowed
> >> to marry the willing adult of their choice, and that makes them
> >> second class citizens.
>
> > Marriage is not defined as "the adult of your choice", marriage
> > is defined as "the adult OF THE OPPOSITE SEX".  Gays are just as
> > free to participate as non gays.
>
> Oh really?  And whos definition of marriage is that, exactly?

The same one that has been in use for THOUSANDS OF YEARS/

> You poor sweet dear, you believe in god AND guns, dontcha.

I believe in what is real.

> >>    Aaron> Any woman is allowed to marry any man whom she so chooses.
> >>
> >>    Aaron> All gays have these rights, just like anybody else.
> >>
> >> Nope, the rest of us have the right to marry the willing adult
> >> partner of our choice.
>
> > See above.
>
> Again, whos law is that, anyhow?

Society's

> >>    Aaron> Any additional laws are Special Privileges.
> >>
> >>    >> I have yet to see a single special right or privilege being
> >>    >> asked for.
> >>
> >>    Aaron> You wish to escape the consequences of your deviancy.
> >>
> >> No, I want all to have equal rights.
> >>

> > You have them, now sit down, and shut the fuck up, LOSER.
>
> Almost.  There are a few notable exceptions though, like not being
> able to adopt children in some areas, denial of military service,

Military service is not a right.

It can be a duty, or an obligation, but it is never a right.

> denial of job, etc based solely on sexual orientation.  Though I
> dont think its as big a problem as alot of people would have us
> believe, I do think that it is something of a burden on an already
> broken and bleeding democratic system.
>
> Also, I think that youre a redneck retard, aaron.  Jesus, believing
> in god is too childish to even talk about.
>
> -----.
>
> "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
>
> ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:27:10 -0400

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" wrote:
> >>
> >> Aw, suck my dick, you little right wing turd. I'll insult little
> >> phoney fuckheads like you all I want. I've earned my rights to
> >> criticize little bastards like you.
>
> > I hope you get your wish for nationwide gun ban.  Then me and all my
> > rightwing gunnut friends can legally invade your home and totally
> > trash it out looking for yours.
>

> >> Oh, you're a SOLDIER! So fucking what? Plenty of us have been soldiers,
> >> and I doubt that many have been as much of a sad sack as you. Soldiers
> >> are like any other population - there are some great ones, and there are
> >> some losers - like YOU.
>
> > I was decorated 9 times in my first 3 years of service.
> > what does that tell you
>
> That you're either A. lying or B. aaron kulkis isnt your real name.  If
> you had been decorated, it would have been a matter of public record (as
> all military decorations are).  Somehow though, not one person named
> aaron kulkis was decorated for *anything* during the year preceeding
> desert shield, desert shield itself, desert storm, and the year immediately
> following.

Bzzzzzzt! Wrong.

> So which is it aaron?  Which one is a lie?
>
> -----.
>
> --
> "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
>
> ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:27:39 -0400

"." wrote:

> >> You own some little ribbons you like to flaunt when you're among
> >> other slaves of the system? I find that ritualistic behaviour
> >> akin to baboon's exposure of erect penises as sign of authority.
> >>

> > Commendation for work well done.
>
> > Work which I *CHOSE* to get into.
>
> See my other post.  Aaron Kulkis recieved exactly zero commendations
> in any branch of the US military.  He is a raging liar.

toooooooo funny.

> -----.
>
> --
> "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
>
> ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: RIP the Linux desktop
Date: 22 May 2001 20:28:18 GMT

On Tue, 22 May 2001 08:15:59 +0100,
Pete Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <9ec11j$oql$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>
>> And once again, who cares?  What is it to you or any of us?  Linux
>> was just fine before it was noticed by money chewing corporate
>> types (like yourself) and will be just fine after.
>>
>> We didnt make it for *you*.
MS didn't make Windows for you either, they made it for
*your money*.

> No wonder Linux is an also ran in the desktop.

In the light of the Justice Dept findings, this comment
just makes you sound ignorant.

On my desktop, Windows is 'once ran, now consigned
to the wheelie bin of history'.

--
Kind Regards
Terry

------------------------------

From: Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:33:20 -0400

Daniel Johnson wrote:

> "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Daniel Johnson wrote:
> [snip]

> been
> > >
> > > CP/M was a Digital Research project.
> >
> > Duh.
> > I repeat:
> > Pricing. The CP/M offered by IBM has hugely overpriced, as you have been
> > told.
>
> A pretty silly thing for Digitial Research
> to do, I'm sure you'll agree.

DR didnt do it, dolt, IBM did.

> > > IBM had a deal with MS so they could sell MS-DOS themselves;
> > > they renamed it PC-DOS but it was the same code.
> >
> > Duh.
>
> So you didn't have to go to MS to get the
> real DOS.

Duh.

> [snip]
> > > You need to get your timelines straight. The Windows 3.11
> > > beta happened *after* the ascendancy of Windows; it
> > > can't explain how Windows became ascendant, still
> > > less how DOS did so.
> >
> > you need to ubderstand the market. window$ "ascendancy" (gee, did that
> > scare you?) began with winodw$ 3. 1, and 2 were pretty much shunned by
> > the marketplace.
>
> Windows 3 predates Windows 3.11.

Duh. Thats why the ascendance started with 3 not 3.1

> > DOS became a monoploy by m$ predatory anti-competitive actions.
>
> That is, they sold it cheaper than DR sold
> CP/M-86. :D
>
> [snip]
> > > Had GEM taken off, we would know be
> > > arguing about whether Digital Research
> > > had unfairly crushed Microsoft. :D
> >
> > Would we? are you sure Killdal had the same lack of ethics and morals as
> > Gates et al? From reports it is doubtful.
>
> No, I don't. But I think that had he been
> successful, the same crowd would have
> resented it. They might have had to find
> slightly different excuses, but really that
> isn't so hard to do.

He might not have necome the arrogant, predatory, anti-competitive peson
that Gates was. Ther might have been no resentment.

> [snip]
> > > Ran Unix apps, though.
> >
> > Didnt run window$ apps.
>
> You don't even notice how your
> argument is circular, do you?

 Didnt run window$ apps.

> [snip]
> > > You never exactually connect the dots;
> > > that's why it comes across like black
> > > magic. Apparently if Microsoft passes
> > > mean-sounding memos around, the OEMs
> > > somehow all have to submit.
> > >
> > > This makes no sense.
> >
> > Only to the terminally stupid. The memos outline plans that ar carried
> > out.
>
> Except for the ones that weren't, of course. :D

The ones I have cited were carried out, you grinning moron.

> [snip]
> > >
> > > Why did not Aldus make Pagemaker for the PC,
> > > first and only? That was where the bulk of the
> > > market was.
> >
> > There WASNT a market. The Mac, laserwriter and Pagemaker MADE a market.
>
> The installed base of PCs was much larger than
> the installed base of Macs.
>
> Aldus ignored it. Why?

Becasue the Mac produced better graphics. Still does. So Aldus and Apple
reated a new market.

> [snip]
> > > It was a upgrade and port from the "Vulcan Database";
> > > I think this ran on CP/M.
> >
> > Do you have a cite for this, anything at all?
>
> Not all in one place; this product was not
> very successful. It gets casual mentions in
> a number of histories that you can find on
> the web- search for "Vulcan Database"- but
> I've not found a history of this product
> that is condensed into a single site.

... so that would be no cite?

> That is why I only think it ran on CP/M.

What ran on CP/M. See... your snips have cut context again.

> [snip]
> > >
> > > Yes, it was too bad for the PC that important
> > > products were developed on the Mac, because
> > > it provided better tools in areas that mattered
> > > for those products.
> >
> > Page layout was delveloped for the Mac because the Mac was a bette
> > product for it.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Still is.
>
> I'm not so sure. What advantages does the Mac retain
> today that are relevant for desktop publishing?

Better graphics. Same as then.

> > Page layout migrated to the PeeCee becasue of
> > sheer bulk of numbers.
>
> It did. And it died a horrible death there, because
> products like Ventura Publisher were just not
> good enough compared to PageMaker.
>
> It wasn't until Windows got good that
> desktop publishing on the PC could be
> taken seriously.

When will that be... when will window$ get that good?

> > > No amount of marketshare could change this.
> >
> > It did.
>
> The marketshare was always there; it wasn't
> until the platform improved that things
> really changed.
>
> It's not for nothing that PageMaker was
> an early adopter of Windows.

They were?

--
Rick

------------------------------

From: Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:34:16 -0400

Daniel Johnson wrote:

> "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9ecl8t$71d$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:3IgO6.34587$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> you
> so
> > >
> > > How about, "the smallest set of products that, if somehow
> > > lost, would derail Microsofts business model, future
> > > plans, etc".
> >
> > NT/2K/XP Kernel? :-}
>
> MS could surely soldier on with Windows 9x
> for quite some time, I think.
>
> I think both Windows 9x and NT need to be
> in there; losing either would seem to derail
> their current plans.

Isnt that the whole point of XP... one code base??

--
Rick

------------------------------

From: Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:36:39 -0400

Dan Pidcock wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001 06:38:17 -0400, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Daniel Johnson wrote:
> >>
> >> "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> [snip]

> >> You might want to read a little more carefully.
> >> I certainly do not call word processing or
> >> shreadsheets "meaningful database work";
> >
> >Why dont you go to an administrative assistant convention and tell them
> >they do meaningless work. Or tell an accountant. You really are an
> >arrogant self-important SOB.
>
> I know this is .advocacy Rick but just calm down and read what the man
> wrote:
> "I ... do not call word processing or spreadsheets ... database work"
>
> Dan
> remove .hatespam to reply

He has been dis[araging everything non-windows in sight. He has called
pretty much everything office related as non-meaningful.

--
Rick

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dead on the desktop.
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:35:49 -0500

"Mart van de Wege" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In article <3b0aa7f7$0$2604$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Chad Myers"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:9ee7sc$f9s$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/opinions/3387/1/
> >>
> >> I can't say I don't agree.
> >>
> >> Some points:
> >> He agrees with Daniel about users getting computer/OSes/shells not for
> >> the sake of the computer/OS/Shell, but for the applications that it
> >> run. C> He seems to agree with me that you can't offer a slightly-less
> >> or equal product in order to convice people to switch, you need
> >> something vastly sueprior.
> >
> > Not to mention new innovation. Everything that was out there for Linux
> > was either a rehashed 30-year old app with a new GUI front end, or a
> > cheap knock-off of a current Microsoft app....
>
> ....Which was a knock-off of the Mac...Which was a knock-off of Xerox
> PARC...

No. Outlook is a knock-off of which Mac app? Which Xerox app?

Outlook Express?

Internet Explorer is hardly a knock off of any existing application.

Word? Word is far beyond what any other previous word processor
was.

Excel? Lotus 123 wasn't even close.

Please, elaborate.

> <sigh>
>
> BTDTGTTS
>
> News at 11.
>
> When will you learn Chad? There is precious little innovation going on in
> computers. Gradual evolution is more likely.

Yeah, what little this is seems only to be happening at Microsoft
(http://research.microsoft.com) and the rest is just knock-offs
from that.

-c