Clemens Ladisch wrote:
Carlo Florendo wrote:
Clemens Ladisch wrote:
However, I wish to be able to make the sequencer or player work without the use of the ALSA queue nor the workaround in (2).
Why?
Because the queue output and draining, AFAICS, is implemented in a blocking manner.

When non-blocking mode is set (see snd_seq_nonblock()),
snd_seq_drain_output() does not block but writes only as many events to
the kernel buffer as fit inside (or returns -EAGAIN if the kernel buffer
is completely full).

Gee! I haven't read the ALSA lib API docs that much but this sounds and looks like a solution to the problem :)

Thank you very much for the pointers and for all your patience.

Regards,
Clemens

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City