Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
On 05/28/2010 07:36 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Folderol wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2010 19:20:54 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

Veronica Merryfield wrote:
You can't trust a loop back test.
Any instability or dither on the reference clock of card A (fifo
clocking say) is not going to show in a loop back test.
Vrnc
Is Veronica Merryfield the winner?
I'm highly suspicious of the USB link, but can't quite put my finger
on why.
Card A is the USB card. For USB there could be several issues, but I
don't have knowledge about buffering etc., but I guess it's card A and
that there's a "instability" = jitter. I don't know what dither for CLK
is. I guess the winner is Veronica Merryfield.

I mentioned the clock problem first ;-) However, I thought it the other way around: I said that clocks being asynchronous that would generate artefacts, but
Veronica seems to say that these are hidden when using a single clock.

That's pretty much the same thing to me :p

--
  Olivier

Did you also say for what card? A or X? If so, is Oliver the winner?

Btw.:

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Gabriel Beddingfield wrote:
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield