On 08.06.2010 09:30, Jeremy wrote:

A little confused here.  Is it an audio processor that can be used in
many different forms, or is it a host for other plugins?  The fact that
it has a standalone version makes me think that it is an audio
processor, but I'm still not sure exactly what it does with the audio.
  I thought that it was a plugin host at first.  Please explain exactly
what it does.  When you say "using this" or "supporting that" I have no
idea what sense of support you mean, like being able to call other
interfaces using that system, or actually being ported to that system so
your library is usable under it.

Please be very clear:  What exactly can I do with my audio using
this? How exactly would I do it?  Is there any comparable software?  How
is this different from other software?  Run me through a setup of how I
would do a specific task using this program.

Also, I don't think lv2 is necessarily useless on windows.  It's simply
an api, not based on the OS.

Jeremy

I think it is a library for building audio processors - you write your code to do whatever you want with audio and/or MIDI, and make GUI using library functions. After that, with one parameter, you choose if you want to compile it as a VST plugin or as a standalone app for Linux or Windows.

Cheers!
Igor