On 01/14/2011 02:12 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
On 01/14/2011 10:39 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

i had it crash once when loading a really demanding session, but with
another average ardour project, it has now played fine and without
glitches for 10 minutes or so, while the xrun count goes through the roof.

alas. i spoke to soon:

after i added a 6x1 convolver and an ambdec instance
jack2 bails out reproducibly after a couple minutes more, with a
"floating point exception". so more testing.

meanwhile, i'd like to know what these xruns are, and i wouldn't be too
surprised if the eventual crash is actually related to the message
buffer or some internal error counter wrapping...

I would be interested in that as well...

I tried a few months ago to link an hdsp madi and a 9652 (sounds familiar? :-) and failed. I don't remember the details and I did not have time to try to debug it but it never worked - this was for our OpenMixer setup.

I ended up connecting to the "smaller" card through jack2's internal audioadapter client. That is not a bit transparent operation and uses up cpu as it does resampling (the two cards are locked of course) but it was good enough, at least for a while...

-- Fernando