On 06/30/2011 01:13 PM, m.wolkst...@gmx.de wrote:
Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:22:01 +0200
schrieb rosea grammostola<rosea.grammost...@gmail.com>:

On 06/30/2011 12:11 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
On 06/30/2011 12:00 PM, m.wolkst...@gmx.de wrote:
Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:43:50 +0200
schrieb rosea grammostola<rosea.grammost...@gmail.com>:

On 06/30/2011 11:31 AM, Renato wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:03:05 +0200
rosea grammostola<rosea.grammost...@gmail.com>    wrote:

Linux Audio Developer,

May I make a feature request here for your Linuxaudio application(s)?

Could you please add JackSession support? It makes working with JACK
standalone applications a lot more user friendly. There are some apps
who support it already and they work fine, like Yoshimi, Qtractor,
Pianoteq, Ghostess, Guitarix, Jack-Rack, Ardour3, Bristol, Seq24,
Jalv, Ingen, Connie, Specimen and probably more.

It is possible to use applications without JackSession-support in a
session (via so called infra clients), it starts the applications,
make the connections, but doesn't save the state. So obviously it
would be far more useful if those applications would get
JackSession-support also.

Qjackctl is able to work as Session Manager, so is Pyjacksm (and
likely Patchage in the future).

According to comments on IRC by Paul Davis, it's very easy to add
JackSession support to your application.

"Its really easy, just handle 1 more callback from the server.
Torben's walkthrough shows what is necessary."

Torben's walktrough:
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/Dev/JackSession

Thanks in advance,

\r

I second this, I tried using jacksession a few days ago and it seems
to me it works very well; it does what it should and nothing more,
it is
not intrusive
Maybe good to note also is that almost all recent distros (also
multimedia distros like AVLinux, Tango Studio etc.) have the latest
Jackd version these days (JACK1 and/ or JACK2, both support
JackSession). So apps with JackSession support are compiled with
JackSession automatically on those distros (no need to add a patch or a
special build parameter or anything like that). :)

Regards,
\r
hey ho,
i am very interested to implement jack session into hydrogen. but i
am a bit confused about how it is to use as a user.
i understand how to implement it into an application. thx to
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/Dev/JackSession.
but i miss a simple howto use jacksession in your local audio
envirement.
whatever exist such a document for dummies like me?
Wolke,

Understanding the dev side and not the user side, that is the world
up-side-down for me ;)
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/jack_session

You need Jackd>  = 0.120 or 1.9.7 and qjackctl 0.3.7

Start qjackctl, start JACK
Start an app with JS support (yoshimi)
Make the desired connections
In qjackctl 0.3.7, you have a session window, open it.
Save session
Make a *new* folder (be careful not to overwrite an other folder
(should become more safe in the next Qjackctl version))
Select that new folder to save the session to.
You have to browse one subfolder backwards to be able to select your new
session folder likely.
You can quit the session by just quitting the applications, or choose
save (save and quit)
It is possible to overwrite an existing Jacksession folder (again, be
careful to overwrite the right one!!!)
Atm there is no way to stop a session via a button without saving the
session ...
You can load the session via the load button in the Session window of
Qjackctl, choose the right session folder.
That's the new folder you made to save the session obviously.
HTH
\r

thx, for your quick response. in fact that will help me.
i just noticed the new session button in qjackctl. super, so far this will
looks like an easy to use session handler.

and yes, i am a lazy bugger:). mostly i use my spare time for other things,
than to find out how computers applications will work.
Glad to help here.

Hydrogen is a typical application where JackSession is very useful imo. Same is true for PHASEX, Rakarrack, Lv2rack (and other LV2 hosts), VMPK, Patchage, Composite and all other similar JACK standalone applications. ;)

Best regards,
\r