On 02/06/2012 02:23 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
On 02/06/2012 03:33 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
can i rely on control port data being available during activate() so
that i can initialize my current values to the control port values?

No. Ports are only valid during the run() method.

thanks for explaining.

now i could set the current values to NULL during instantiate and
deactivate, but then i'd have an extra conditional in run(), which i'd
like to avoid.

If your engine has different "states," just make this first-run
condition one of your states and use a switch() statement.

You should be able to do all this initialisation with a single compare
or switch... which is cheap. I don't see a way to avoid having it, though.

ok, did that now.

cheers,

jörn