On 02/21/2012 07:46 AM, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Hey Dave,

I've been working with juce plugins a lot recently, and one of my projects handles precisely that:
http://distrho.sourceforge.net/

juce has not been very linux-friendly in it's early days, and still has a few issues right now (but it's now much better than before). I plan to move all plugins from the old jucetice project to DISTRHO (which most is already done, only missing Jost). these changes are not yet ready though, as I'm updating all the plugins to the very latest juce-git modules branch, and also working on a serious juce-linux issue with realtime kernels. once everything is done, I'll post to the linuxaudio planet as usual (through KXStudio news)

if you're using plugins from here:
http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/
or
http://code.google.com/p/juced/

you'll have issues for sure. Old loomer plugins had issues too, but the new ones seem to work fine now.

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for the reply. Alas, some of the problematic plugins I tested were from the DISTRHO collection (specifically the TAL reverbs 2 and 3 and the TAL vocoder. I tested the prebuilt binaries, btw. Perhaps a local build would be preferable ? I have the latest JUCE framework and the VST 2.4 SDK, on an Arch 64-bit system.

Also, I wanted to add a "Thank you" for those ports and I hope you're inspired to make more of them. :)

Best,

dp