On 05.09.2013 23:08, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 01:53:33PM -0700, J. Liles wrote:
Another one bites the dust... Should've run Non on it instead. Seriously
though, it's a shame. Fortunately,  there are still quite a few
motherboards out there with at least one PCI slot. I trust you had
everything backed up!
Almost... Lost two evenings of work on AP algorithms, but I
have some 30 pages of scribbled notes about that, and the
(Python) code itself wasn't that complicated, I'm rewriting
it right now. Still, should learn to backup every day.

Ciao,

Hi,

sure, regular full backups are a great thing. But there's one simple thing I like to do especially with code: Setup your repositories on a different machine (like a rented root server, or a public hoster like github). Then always push your commits regularly (oh, it compiles again - push it :D). Makes working on different machines easy, too. It's simpler than setting up and adhering to a strict backup plan and it's naturally incremental and closely tied to the development process.

Reminds me: I have to throw on my full backup again..

Flo