On 12/10/2013 12:44 PM, Lucas Takejame wrote:
Hello LAD, I'm working in company which is developing a guitar pedal
board which runs Linux (arch) and my task now is to make the kernel's
usb audio driver more appropriate to our sound card. I'm kinda lost in
this since i have a brief knowledge on usb protocol so I was hoping that
you could give me some directions on how can I optimize the driver
latency wise, any tips?

There's several folks here who do this, but your best bet is to look for advice (or contractors) on the alsa-devel mailing list.[1]

One option is to implement a class-compliant USB Audio device. Then your device will work out of the box with all operating systems.

If class-compliance doesn't suit your device... then look for examples in the linux kernel in sound/usb where there's a few non-class-compliant cards cards supported there.

In addition, check out these resources:

   * Takashi Iwei's ALSA driver tutorial[2].  Concentrate on the
     PCM interface portion of the document.

   * Linux Device Drivers from O'Reilly media.[3]

-gabe

[2] http://www.alsa-project.org/~tiwai/writing-an-alsa-driver/
[3] http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/