On 10/13/2014 09:41 PM, Matthias Kronlachner wrote:
On 13/10/14 21:34, Filipe Coelho wrote:

On 13-10-2014 20:16, Matthias Kronlachner wrote:
Hi Jörn,

thanks for the report, I did not check the Linux build for long time and I accidentally deleted the wrapper.
I fixed it, should build fine now.
(The wrapper is not part of the official JUCE distribution, it was written by Filipe Coelho.)

However, the GUI of the LV2 plug-ins does currently not work, therefore you have to use the native GUI of the host. This is particularly a problem for the (binaural-)decoder, where you have to load a preset in the GUI in order to generate output. You can build the plugins as standalone as well and connect the decoder via jack. You are used to that anyway, right :-)

It would definitely need someone else to fix Linux related problems, but you can still nag me if something's wrong.

Filipe here (Juce-LV2 wrapper author).

What exactly is the problem with the LV2 UI?
Which hosts have you tested it with?
Does the VST UI work?

Are you using the latest juce-lv2 code as available here?
https://github.com/DISTRHO/DISTRHO-Ports/tree/master/libs/juce/source/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/LV2

If you give me a link to the source I'll have a look at it.

Hi Filipe,
thanks for the reply! I am using the latest version of your wrapper, just got it today from your repo.

You find the plug-ins here: https://github.com/kronihias/ambix

Some VST-UIs work, but not all.
Eg. the decoder vst GUI works, but the LV2 version does only show an empty window.
The encoder GUI crashes, might be OpenGL related.
I tested it with Ardour-3.5.403.

Well after building the LV2 code the issue is clear - you do not have proper URIs for the plugins. LV2 uses URIs to identify plugins, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_resource_identifier

Making the LV2 URI a single plugin name is very wrong and against the spec.
If you don't have a domain you can use "urn:ambix:PLUGIN".
The URI doesn't have to exist on the internet, it's only used locally to identify the plugin.

After setting a proper LV2 URI the UI appears and works as usual [1].

In short, just change the broken JucePlugin_LV2URI macro in your AppConfig.h files for a real URI and it should work.

[1] - http://i.imgur.com/FSqaxn0.png