Hi Damien,

On Apr 02 2015 09:28, Damien Zammit wrote:
On 02/04/15 09:41, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
Several issues are still remained:
  * When allocates 2 or more channel numbers for the device, after 15 to
20 seconds from playbacking, any PCM samples causes noisy sound. Then,
all of LED on the front panel light. The streaming still continues
correctly.
I have not seen this behaviour with your latest driver, Takashi.
I think you would see this if the midi quadlet is confused with the pcm
quadlets and you feed audio data into the midi port. (I have seen this
before)

The channel is *not* PCM or MIDI, it's IEEE 1394 isochronous resource channels. I shouhd have mention about it, sorry.

In short, when two or more devices are connected on the same IEEE 1394 bus, the driver may cause the issue (or not).

  * The actual effects of external clock source is not clear. When set
the clock source is somewhat external, even if stopping the clock
source, the device continues to sound PCM samples against my expectation.

I have successfully tested the device with ADAT and SPDIF sync. When I
connect external clock source to the SPDIF-in port and send
0xffffe0000118 1 the SPDIF led light turns on and the streaming now
syncs to the new clock.  A flashing Sync led means that the sample rates
are mismatched and the sync is not working correctly.  But sync works
well when sample rates are matched.

OK. My Digi 002 Rack has no LEDs to show current clock source, so I have no way to check the actual sync in my eyes.

I request you to test stopping the supply of clock source during streaming. I expect the streaming is stopped suddenly, then PCM playback/capturing also stop.

I tried 0x011c but I am not convinced that this is related to ADAT at
all.  I think it is a switch to select the mode of SPDIF between
consumer and pro SPDIF modes?  I am guessing here but SPDIF sync no
longer works when I toggle the mode to 1, and it has no effect when I
attach ADAT cable and sync to ADAT, then toggling the mode does nothing.

In my Digi 002 Rack, it's a selector between S/PDIF or ADAT for optical input/output interfaces. If not in your Digi 003+, this seems to be model-dependent issue and I'll drop it from the driver (digi00x-proc.c).

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto