On Sat, 25 Apr 2015, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

I for one can't take anyone serious who thinks this is acceptable:
https://afaikblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/date-and-time.png
If one wanted to infer a guideline from that screenshot, it could be: "Make sure there is a huge gap between labels and associated widgets. This slows the user down to avoid stress and gives his eyeballs a nice workout." We already know a solution since decades. Checkboxes with

Also make the colour theming such that the widget is effectively invisible in one of it's states. This more helpful when using the device in bright sunlight of course.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net