On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Fokke de Jong wrote:

  16:          0          0          0          0   IO-APIC   16-fasteoi
madifx

Is this your audio interface on irq 16? If so why is it sharing an IRQ? Move it to a different slot maybe? If this is a PCI card and there is only one slot, I would suggest a different motherboard with more PCI slots. My personal experience with sharing IRQs has never been good even using rtirq to separate things out. One thing to try is in BIOS there is sometimes a setting that tells bios to set irqs or not. I have found setting it to not lets the kernel set it and the kernel does a better job. Also, some bios have a part where you can fix a PCI card to a irq, that may help.

I am sure some will say that if rtirq doesn't help there is a bad driver... OK. The thing to remember is that PCs are not built for low latency but high throughput. Most people find that high throughput makes for a "snappy" user experience. Low latency to most HW designers means 30ms.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net