On 7/7/21 9:59 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On 7/7/21 4:00 AM, Wim Taymans wrote:
== install patched rtkit in which priorities and cpu usage limits have been changed to more audio dsp friendly values

< NOTE: max realtime priorities in rtkit are hardwired (in the source code!!) and cannot be changed, same for scheduling ring (also hardwired in the source code to SCHED_RR, does not allow use of SCHED_FIFO), so for testing I built a patched rtkit package >

BZZT!
WRONG!!

rtkit can be "configured" by using runtime parameters when started. Sigh, I did not realize that was possible, I should have dived deeper and/or RTFR (the README, no man page).

Better than nothing but IMHO not a realistic configuration strategy (in my case it would involve editing the systemd unit that starts the service).

-- Fernando