Hello all,

Triggered by a recent post, I've been dabbling a bit with Faust,
and have some questions :-)

(For the jack-gtk architecture)

- When started the app prints some useless info (a nuisance) and
  it also autoconnects (a definite no-go).
  Is there any way to avoid this ?

- The faust2jack script says it adds 'preset' functionality
  to the GUI. But there seems to be no way to access this.

- The way the PRESETDIR is handled is weird. It is done by
  prepending a single line temporary file to the merged cpp file
  using cat.

  What would be wrong with

    # add preset management
    if [ $PRESETDIR = "auto" ]; then
        PRESETDEFS=-DPRESETDIR=\"/var/tmp/\"
    else
        PRESETDEFS=-DPRESETDIR=\"$PRESETDIR\"
    fi

and then adding PRESETDEFS to the compiler options ?

(General)

- The various faust2*** programs work by merging the compiled dsp
  file with the architecture file. While doing this, also all
  include files from the /usr/include/faust directory are recursively
  expanded in-line. Now I wonder why this is done. Surely the C++
  preprocessor would do this anyway ?

TIA for any answers !

Ciao,

--