Hello All

I'm in the middle of just such a project as described below [DAW c/w Linux]
and have just ordered a C-Port DSP 2000, after discovering Hoontech, a
Korean company who manufacture audio cards using the same chipsets as the
Delta 44/66/1010, the difference being the Hoontech AudioDSP24 offers 10
channels of 24bit-96kHz for the same price as the Delta folks give you six.
The gear is being marketed as C-Port in N. America. Check out
www.staudio.com  www.pcrecording.com/hoontech.htm  or www.hoontech.com for
further details

The Delta cards have Linux drivers, the Hoontech/C-Port do not. My Question
is .... what is involved in writing a driver for this device considering a
driver exists for a device using the same chipset? Am I asking for the moon
here? Is this something only the manufacturer can do? I'm new to the Linux &
DAW worlds so please use small words and short sentances in you reply :<)

Thank you,

Blair,
Toronto