Rene Rebe wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:47:34 -0600
> "D. Stimits" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > If it is a matter of location, use "locate g++-3/sstream" to find it
>
> It shouldn't be a matter of location. We use:
>
> configure.in: AC_CHECK_HEADER(sstream,,AC_MSG_ERROR("missing STL file sstream"))
> and in the sources: #include <sstream>
>
> So his Linux system hasn't one in the paths the cpp searches through.
> -> So there is even no STL on it ?? (or an really old one containing
> sstream.h??)

Until recently, there wasn't *any* sstream. He can have STL, but
"upgrades" have to be done on Redhat 6.2 and earlier to get this
particular one. I guess the key is that if there is an include
subdirectory "g++-3" then it should be there. Before this version,
sstream did not exist on Linux.

D. Stimits, [EMAIL PROTECTED]