I have a strange problem with my sound card.  I have an Athlon 1.0G system
with 512MB RAM and a SoundBlaster PCI512 card.  It works fine with the cdrom,
but will not work with media player or system sounds.  I have checked all the
sliders.  (The mixer says SB Live!) Digital 2 appears to be the line out.
CDROM works for CD.  Nothing else does anything. The only effect is with Line
at full volume, I get some hum, that is all.  In looking at system info,
under I/O ports, it lists :
d400-d41f Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10000
        d400-d41f EMU10k1
obviously the first entry is wrong and the second corect, but what does it
mean??
Interrupts correctly gives:
10:     384113  XT_PIC  EMU10k1
PCI gives the incorrect SB Live! EMU10000 info
help!
--
Mark Parker
Triton #516, "All Ways"