On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> Further on the sampler side.  I have purchased the patent and
> challenge history for both of the patents held by Conexant and Nemesis
> for a computer/disk based sampler.  The patents are very broad and
> IMHO very bogus.
>
> I have also been in contacted by Nemesis and they have indicated that
> if I were to do anything that infringes on thier patent(s) they _WILL_
> litigate.  My initial inquiries with a patent attorney indicates that
> a typical patent fight runs about a Million dollars.  A little more
> than I can afford currently.

Recording audio to disk? Didn't Max Matthews / Laurie Spiegel and friends
at the Bell Telephone Labs invent that? The "GROOVE" system? Back in the
1960s or 1970s?? Check Laurie's web page :-).

--
M. Edward Borasky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The COUGAR Project
http://www.borasky-research.com/Cougar.htm
How to Stop A Folksinger Cold # 1
"Home, home on the range, where the deer and the antelope play..."
The antelope cheats.