> I've been running kernel with the DRM patches since January and it has been
> rock solid. However my machines are UP only, so if someone happens to be
> running kernel with the patches on SMP machine I would like to know if it
> works irl.

I've been using them with a Radeon card for about a month in a dual athlon
machine and so far it looks good. I was getting latency hits of about 18
msecs without the dri patches.

[but I'm still getting latency hits of around 8-10 mSecs when using the
3ware scsi raid driver (3w-xxxx), I tried to find out what is causing them
but eventually gave up, at least for now]

BTW, thanks a lot for the patch...
-- Fernando