If low-latency is of minor importance, and the goal is to 'just' get that
OSS application's data into or from JACK, the LD_PRELOAD could be an viable
option, or otherwise simply creating some (kernel) loopback device. Though
not a candidate for the 'most beautiful design' contest it would get the job
done.

just my thought,
Frank.

--