Thomas Webb wrote:

yeah, the main thing I was thinking of was using an
analogue filter.. The medical company I work for has
this real hightech voltmeter (high res and
everything).  I can probably get that to work
perfectly with any modules. The only problem is it's
freaky expensive. Too bad a standard soundcard won't
work quite right.

So actualy we would need a CV to MIDI (or similar) converter, that is cheaper than those hightech voltmeter, Thomas mentions.
With all the "real" module systems (Moog, Doepfer, and friends) existing for so long now, i wonder if those companies haven't already thought about a solution for this particular problem. Or is it just "techincaly" difficult?

Lukas