I have a denormal fix without a branch but you probably don't want to see it ;-)
 It's pretty simple, just OR the bits of the exponent together which gives either
0 (denormal) or 1, typecast that to float, and then multiply the original float
by that (0.0 or 1.0).  Voila, no branch, but it is messy looking ;-)

Jan

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:03 , Tim Blechmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent: