Lee Revell wrote:

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 19:12 +0200, Jussi Laako wrote:

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 15:16 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:

And I posted a [possibly OT] rant to that thread about how this was a
waste of time and how you could REALLY make a killing with open sound
hardware.

I've been doing hardware design and device driver development as part of
my day work. Designing open source hardware is possible in theory, but I
can't see who would pay the expenses of the development.

OK maybe you would not make a killing. I guess the real question is if every LAU buys it, then how much do you need to make on each unit to be worthwhile?

There's no law against providing windows & mac drivers for it too.

Simon Jenkins