Alfons Adriaensen wrote:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:59:57PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

With libsamplerate, I can state that the three sinc based converters
have the following characteristics:

                               SNR        Bandwidth
   SRC_SINC_FASTEST         102.42 dB      80.23 %
   SRC_SINC_MEDIUM_QUALITY   98.99 dB      90.68 %
   SRC_SINC_BEST_QUALITY     97.43 dB      96.96%

where SNR is signal to noise ratio and Bandwidth its a percentage of
the theoretical best bandwidth (ie half of the minimum of the source
and desination sample rate).

What do you mean by 'signal to noise ratio' of a resample algo ? I see no reason why it should produce noise,
The signal after the resampling is not the same than the original one, so there is a modification: you can call this modification noise, distortion, whatever :)

David