Lee Revell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 11:35 -0500, Jack O'Quin wrote:

Paul Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Matthew, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but JACK does not have
support for more than 32 channels at this time. Adding it is not
particularly hard, its just a matter of someone who understands what to
do finding the time to do it.

There's code in CVS to handle as many channels as you like, but it's
never been tested with more than 32, because I don't have enough
hardware.  (I did unit test the bitmap code.)

Please file a bug report if CVS JACK doesn't handle it correctly.

FWIW, you could test this with an Audigy if you felt like it (can
capture 64 channels).  It requires a slight change to the driver; I'll
try it if I get a chance.

Lee

Lee, which Audigy do you mean? Looking at the Soundblaster Audigy family I only see 6 channel recording (possibly 8 if you can simultaneously record analog and digital).

-joahcim

--
Joachim Deguara                         Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fraunhofer IDMT, Langewiesener St. 22, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany