Christoph Eckert wrote:

At this point only JACK is supported, not ALSA.

Not a true limitation, because I always use JACK.

What about the MIDI ports: I guess I couldn't use it currently (not a true limitation for me)?

Midi is currently supported through an ALSA sequencer 'client', i.e. the freebob device acts as an ALSA sequencer client providing access to all hardware MIDI ports.

In the future I think the jackd backend will include native jack-midi support (once that is matured enough), while the upcoming ALSA driver will be either seq or rawmidi based. I would think that rawmidi would be the best solution, but I didn't look into it yet.

Pieter