[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jun, 2006 at 12:39PM -0400, Dave Phillips spake thus:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Now, where can I get 1 million pounds for free?

There's about a million pounds of something at the White House in Washington DC...

Born in the USA,

I was born in the UK, and I think I'm missing the joke.
It's a currency conversion joke (a poor one too). We use dollars for $$$ and pounds as a measure of weight.

Ergo: There's a million pounds of (descriptive noun deleted) on Capitol Hill.

Ah, for the days before Babel, when all men spoke one language. I think it was a proto-BASIC...

Best,

dp