Hi,

Steve Harris wrote:
miseed the orignal posting, but went back i the archives and found it]

This is kinda interesting, but it's slightly peverse as some ofthe results
can be got by looking at the source! Though it's good to confirm what the
results actually are.

I know... I've been meaning to look at the sources for a while, but haven't done it yet...
Like Fons I'm a bit concerned about the tests, 0dB square wave in
particular is worrying.

I'm curious as to why it is worrying. I'm not expecting the square waves to yield particularly important results, but I'm interested to know why it seems such a bad idea.
The point about latency is interesting. I did consider delaying the input
in the SC* plugins, but I guess that analogue compressors likly didn't
have it, and they're often considered to be the best so it can't be too
important.

Have you measureued the systemic delay of the waves compressor to verify
that it does have a delay line?

I tried... but there's no way to turn delay compensation off for plugins in Sonar, either in DX or VST versions... So there probably is some delay, but I have no way of finding out how much. It's specially hard for Waves plugins since they use a rare waveshell which is not compatible with most simple hosts. Do waves plugins work with xfst?

Cheers,
Andrés

- Steve