In some cases the binaries will cause the system to become unstable. I learned that quickly from using a binary for Lucent some time back... It became quite problematic and since then I refuse to deal with a tainted kernel for any reason...

Just my opinion... that and a couple of bucks might buy a cup of coffee... :-)

Have a good day and a better tomorrow!

vince