On Thu, 18 Jul 2024, Kent Overstreet wrote:

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 06:42:55PM GMT, Camila Alvarez Inostroza wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jul 2024, Kent Overstreet wrote:

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 06:02:39PM GMT, Camila Alvarez wrote:
last_seq and last_empty_seq suffered from an off by one error when the
journal has no entries.

The indexes were fixed and an assertion is added to check that the
last_empty_seq is always kept under the next valid seq number.

oh nice. I'm going to need to stare at this some more, I still feel like
this code needs to be clearer and less fiddly.

Sure! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I'm just applying it - the warning you added gave me warm fuzzies.

I'll let you know if anything pops up in the CI (and I should give you
an account so you can point it at your own branches; email me a username
and ssh key)

Should I give you the info in this same thread or in a separate email?