> Il giorno 10 feb 2017, alle ore 20:49, Paolo Valente
> <paolo.vale...@linaro.org> ha scritto:
>

>> Il giorno 10 feb 2017, alle ore 19:13, Bart Van Assche
>> <bart.vanass...@sandisk.com> ha scritto:

>>> Could you reconfigure with none or mq-deadline as default, check
>>> whether the system boots, and, it it does, switch manually to bfq-mq,
>>> check what happens, and, in the likely case of a failure, try to get
>>> the oops?
>>
>> Hello Paolo,
>>
>> I just finished performing that test with the following kernel config:
>> $ grep '^C.*_MQ_' .config
>> CONFIG_BLK_MQ_PCI=y
>> CONFIG_MQ_IOSCHED_BFQ=y
>> CONFIG_MQ_IOSCHED_DEADLINE=y
>> CONFIG_MQ_IOSCHED_NONE=y
>> CONFIG_DEFAULT_MQ_DEADLINE=y
>> CONFIG_DEFAULT_MQ_IOSCHED="mq-deadline"
>> CONFIG_SCSI_MQ_DEFAULT=y
>> CONFIG_DM_MQ_DEFAULT=y
>>
>> After the system came up I logged in, switched to the bfq-mq scheduler
>> and ran several I/O tests against the boot disk.
>
> Without any failure, right?
>
> Unfortunately, as you can imagine, no boot failure occurred on
> any of my test systems so far :(
>
> This version of bfq-mq can be configured to print all its activity in
> the kernel log, by just defining a macro.  This will of course slow
> down the system so much to make it probably unusable, if bfq-mq is
> active from boot.  Yet, the failure may still occur so early to make
> this approach useful to discover where bfq-mq gets stuck.  As of now I
> have no better ideas.  Any suggestion is welcome.

Hi Bart,
I have found a machine crashing at boot, yet not only when bfq-mq is
chosen, but also when mq-deadline is chosen as the default
scheduler.  I have found and just reported the cause of the failure,
together with a fix.  Probably this is not the cause of your failure,
but what do you think about trying this fix?  BTW, I have rebased the
branch [1] against the new commits in Jens for-4.11/next.

Otherwise, if you have no news or suggestions, would you be willing to
try my micro-logging proposal?

Thanks,
Paolo

[1] https://github.com/Algodev-github/bfq-mq