Hi Bart,

On 2018/4/12 9:54, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 09:48 +0800, Shawn Lin wrote:
I ran into 2 times that my system hung here when booting with a ext4 sd
card. No sure how to reproduce it but it seems doesn't matter with the
ext4 as I see it again with a vfat sd card, this morning with Linus'
master branch. Is it a known issue or any idea how to debug this?

Please verify whether the following patch resolves this:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/axboe/linux-block.git/commit/?h=for-linus&id=37f9579f4c31a6d698dbf3016d7bf132f9288d30

Thanks for your patch! I set up some devices to test reboot this morning
against Linus' master branch. Two devices out of 5, were already hang
for that without your patch, but the other 5 are still work with your
patch.

Will update the result tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

Bart.