On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 22:39 +0200, h...@lst.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 09:56:50PM +0200, h...@lst.de wrote:
> > The important bit is that we need to fix this issue quickly.  We are
> > past -rc5 so I'm rather concerned about anything too complicated.
> >
> > I'm not even sure SCSI has a problem with multiple completions happening
> > at the same time, but it certainly has a problem with bypassing
> > blk_mq_complete_request from the EH path.
> >
> > I think we can solve this properly, but I also think we are way to late
> > in the 4.18 cycle to fix it properly.  For now I fear we'll just have
> > to revert the changes and try again for 4.19 or even 4.20 if we don't
> > act quickly enough.
>
> So here is a quick attempt at the revert while also trying to keep
> nvme working.  Keith, Bart, Jianchao - does this looks reasonable
> as a 4.18 band aid?
>
> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/block.git/shortlog/refs/heads/blk-eh-revert

Hello Christoph,

A patch series that first reverts the following patches:
* blk-mq: Fix timeout handling in case the timeout handler returns BLK_EH_DONE
* block: fix timeout changes for legacy request drivers
* blk-mq: don't time out requests again that are in the timeout handler
* blk-mq: simplify blk_mq_rq_timed_out
* block: remove BLK_EH_HANDLED
* block: rename BLK_EH_NOT_HANDLED to BLK_EH_DONE
* blk-mq: Remove generation seqeunce

and next renames BLK_EH_NOT_HANDLED again into BLK_EH_DONE would probably be
a lot easier to review.

Thanks,

Bart.