On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 10:00 -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 12/6/18 9:47 AM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> > If I merge Jens' for-next branch with Linus' master branch, boot the
> > resulting kernel in a VM and run blktests/tests/srp/002 then that test
> > never finishes. The same test passes against Linus' master branch. I
> > think this is a regression. The following appears in the system log if
> > I run that test:
>
> You are running that test on a dm device? Can you shed some light on
> how that dm device is setup?

Hi Jens,

The dm device referred to in my e-mail is a dm-mpath device created by test
srp/002. All parameters of that device are under control of that test script.
>From the srp/002 test script:

DESCRIPTION="File I/O on top of multipath concurrently with logout and login
(mq)"

>From srp/multipath.conf:

defaults {
        find_multipaths         no
        user_friendly_names     yes
        queue_without_daemon    no
}

devices {
        device {
                vendor          "LIO-ORG|SCST_BIO|FUSIONIO"
                product         ".*"
                features        "1 queue_if_no_path"
                path_checker    tur
        }