Am 2015-09-18 04:00, schrieb Duncan:
Some users have ameliorated that by scheduling weekly or monthly btrfs
defrag, reporting that cow1 issues with temporary snapshots build up slow
enough that the scheduled defrag effectively eliminates the otherwise
growing problem, but it's still an additional complication to have to
configure and administer, longer term.

This makes me think if maybe btrfs+bcache, combined with scheduled defrag, could work reasonably well for me. The disk images should not get too big, though, I suppose, because then the defrag might take longer than desired.

Gert