On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 07:08:16AM -0600, Yien Zheng wrote:
> At this point I'm wondering if this is a anomaly or if it has anything
> to do with using an SSD.  It seems the pre-2.7.29-rc7 code had a hard
> stop at 85%.  But the recent patch doesn't seem to have solve the
> issue for me.  Is there another issue that makes btrfs want to reserve
> 2G free?  I see another email with someone growing their filesystem
> from 48G to 70G because they ran out of space on their 50G disk, which
> should still have 2G free.

   Not quite -- I was some 5G free on a 50G filesystem, without
errors. I expanded the filesystem online to 70G because I knew I would
run out within the next few hours. Despite the expansion, it still ran
out at (just short of) 50G.

   Unless you've resized your filesystem online, I think we're seeing
different problems.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: h...@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
   --- Do not meddle in the affairs of system administrators,  for ---