On Monday 01 March 2010, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Robert LeBlanc <rob...@leblancnet.us>
wrote:
> > First off, thanks for the great work on btrfs. I've been trying to
> > follow the development for some time and now that Debian has
> > everything in Squeeze, I've been playing around with btrfs.
> >
> > I would like to implement btrfs on a large file server that we are
> > currently using ACLs, user and group quotas and LVM snapshots.

Pay attention that btrfs is under develop.

> > While
[...]
> > I went to look at the quotas and repquota said that the mount point
> > doesn't have quotas enabled. I then searched for documentation about
> > quotas and it was pretty sparse.
AFICT quota is not available in btrfs.

[...]
> I fail to see the benefit of having a btrfs root fs that is less than
> the disk or partition as the space can't be used for anything else. I
> hope I'm just doing something wrong here.

A possible application is shrinking a filesystem, in case of change of hard
disk.

> Thanks,
>
> Robert LeBlanc
> Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
> Brigham Young University
> --

gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint = 4769 7E51 5293 D36C 814E  C054 BF04 F161 3DC5 0512